Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

1962 702

rustbucket

just a goofy off the wall question what maker and size engine was placed in the 702 from 1962?

Sparky

A 7hp Kohler.

Mike....

rustbucket

thanks mike i thought so.

cham-ed

B) A kohler K161 to be exact. My Dad's needed an overhaul in the mid 1980's and I did it. My first overhaul.

Cham-Ed

rustbucket

well i have two lines right now on two round noses one a 702 the other i think was a 653 but they say it might be wrong as the serial number starts 62. we shall see when we get to seeing them and makeing plans. hopeing to see the 653 tomarrow if not this weekend.

linen beige

just a goofy off the wall question what maker and size engine was placed in the 702 from 1962?

Kohler K 161S, Spec # 28626E. But the same numbers were used on the 753, and I think, the 754.

The serial # on my 702 is 62-8654. The '62 models had single tie rods. I think the double tie rods started in '63, so that should help to narrow it down.

DMESS

Early 63 production tractors WILL have serial numbers with 62-prefix. I have a 603 that is this way and also had a 653 and 953 that were the same.

rustbucket

i went and looked at her today and all i can say is very streight machine shifts good engine was out and not running so no test drive for the 653 tractor and the deck had some swiss cheeseing on the sides but i can easily patch it all and make it a show worth tractor. plus the extended frame 42" plow will be nice for the GT-14 for now