neil

Trojan Toraktor UK built in early 60s

neil

Go get that wheelhorse Tim from the Farmers  Barn , Do you know what it is yet ?

Great to have another Trojan owner on board here .

Its a real shame that you had your Toraktor stolen .

Thanx for the History lesson on Trojan it was really interesting

• Excellent 1

Tim Sargeant

That 'Wheel Horse' (as I thought) on closer inspection turned out to be a 'Wagner' Little Giant riding tractor. Even rarer over here than the Trojan.

Have to do some more research.  It's got a separate Briggs engined rotovator on the back of it. I'll try to get him to part with it but he's

never there. A friend of mine knows his brother though so perhaps that might help. TCS.

Tim Sargeant

Erratum: Reference my Trojan Toraktor 'history', (see above, 25th March) It was the German Heinkel Bubble Car that Trojan made under licence alongside the Lambretta scooter. TCS.

Tim Sargeant

Since previous posting, (which I see was FIVE years ago!!) I have been told of several Trojans about the country the last one being at a show in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago. This also unfortunately turned out not to be ours but was a much modified MkIII I believe. However it does mean that people have been keeping an eye out for ours which was stolen in 1999. There aren't that many of these left now and the Police assured me that it will 'turn up one day' if we keep on looking. Just giving it another 'push' now as it is coming up to the tractor rally and showing season. PLEASE keep a look out for this one in your travels chaps. Many Thanks to all who read this excellent forum. Regards, TCS.

Toraktor Stolen.jpg

Tim Sargeant

Sorry! Second pic with details doesn't seem to have downloaded.

However; Mine was in restored condition when stolen with several distinguishing features including; No holes in bonnet (New) for exhaust pipe and petrol filler and NO grille in front as couldn't get the correct mesh. Also has NEWTON engine which is blue with pull recoil start. I also put proper little ball joints on the steering. And the fibreglass seat is fixed to the rear bodywork and not adjustable as were the originals. TCS.

Tim Sargeant

PS: Email is: Tim @  Permanden .co. uk  (Remove spaces.)  'Phone is 01580 211376 Goudhurst Kent TN17 1JP. Any responses will be in confidence.

oliver2-44

Neat tractor. I’d like to know more about the two engine drive

Tim Sargeant
11 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Neat tractor. I’d like to know more about the two engine drive

Sorry I don't know anything about that one. It isn't mine! TCS.

neil

Often the original Clinton engines are missing and so people used to fabricate their own drive system , the twin engine tractor was done by the previous owner to me and had two Suffolk colt engines put in . I only got to drive the tractor twice before I sold it . In fact I sold two Trojans to the same guy . 

I only have two Trojans left now from my original 5 in the collection 

DennisThornton

Very interesting thread!  With a sad note as well... 

Hoping the missing will be found or returned! 

Tim Sargeant

STOLEN TROJAN TORAKTOR: Update.

I spent the whole afternoon at the Biddenden Tractor Fest today and met some interesting people.

I handed out over fifty of my leaflets, (see above) in the hope that someone might see my stolen Trojan and get in touch.

The more eyes looking out for it the better so thanks to everyone.

I certainly didn't realise how many other people had their stuff nicked too, even at shows.

Regards, TCS.

• Like 1

davein630

Hi

Just read this after googling Trojan Toraktor. I'm trying to find any info I can about them. I bought one of these of a friend 40+ years ago. Its engine was seized and I stripped it down in order to restore it but that's as far as I got. It has remained in pieces ever since. It would be good to find someone who could bring it back to its original condition if possible

Dave Smith

Tim Sargeant
2 hours ago, davein630 said:

Hi

Just read this after googling Trojan Toraktor. I'm trying to find any info I can about them. I bought one of these of a friend 40+ years ago. Its engine was seized and I stripped it down in order to restore it but that's as far as I got. It has remained in pieces ever since. It would be good to find someone who could bring it back to its original condition if possible

Dave Smith

Hallo Dave,

I have lots of Trojan info.  I think I might have a Clinton engine somewhere. Get in touch. Thanks. My email; Tim @ Permanden .co .uk. (Remove the spaces. TCS.)

Tim Sargeant

Now that the SHOW SEASON is upon us once again;

PLEASE EVERYONE keep a lookout for my 1957 Trojan 'Toraktor' which was stolen from our garage some years ago.

It is shown in the photos above. (The blue one with daughter driving it)

Any information to me ( in confidence )  if anyone knows the whereabouts.

Regards to all tractor enthusiasts. Tim Sargeant,. Goudhurst Kent 01580 211376

PS: If anyone has one for sale I am very interested. TCS.

Edited by Tim Sargeant

Tim Sargeant

Just an update here;

Our 1957 Trojan 'Toraktor' is still missing in spite of having distributed many of my leaflets at various shows and ploughing matches etc.

Stolen from Goudhurst in Kent but still hoping it will turn up somewhere. In restored condition with many of my own modifications.

Please all keep your eyes peeled for it on your travels round the 'tractor world'.

Still looking for a replacement.

Many Thanks, TCS. 01580 211376