Rooster

Suburban International!

CRE1992

Lars your welcome for the moral support!

AMC RULES

...and the ball bustin'...can't forget that. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lars

well have done a lot more work now.. pict and stuff will come later....

stevasaurus

Let's see a picture of that broken pulley and what it measures. :) :)

Anglo Traction

And the Race is on !. Who reckons Lars will finish it within 6 weeks?.

I see you have an 8 Speed Tranny and some wide Rear Ags from the Crate, they must be for your Raider 10!.

Are you still planning to visit the Ardingly Show in UK?, or are you going to be too busy?......I think somehow I should know the answer to that.

Looking forward to seeing your Progress updates.

Regards

Rooster

6 WEEKS??...Lars will be done in 6 Days...he hasn't slept for 3 now?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

6 WEEKS??...Lars will be done in 6 Days...he hasn't slept for 3 now?

Wotta fock...ain't it done yet? :ROTF:

Lars

Hey Fellas...

Been a bit busy whit the 551.. lol...so i have get some work done on it.. have e tanked/ sandblast all the parts. and had Fero bet on all the parts, have done a some welding at the frame it had some realy bad craks on the tranny plate/frame.

And i have also cut the the Hoodstand and weldet it back together. Have also flushed the tranny whit diesel to clean it up innside before i take it apart, ahh cant remember all i have done.. it's a lot.. that has been done last 3-4 days.. have about 50 hrs on it to now..ill guess..

well here are some pict of the work that has been done..

IMAG0678.jpg the hood was bad in the front it need some body work so ill started.. And after some work it went a bit better IMAG0680.jpgIMAG0681.jpg Then it went back in the etank to get the front end clean IMAG0682.jpg.. then i took the frame out to do some work on that.. need to cut of the pice to the hood stand and weld a new one to the frame IMAG0683.jpg then after some cleaning it went out like that IMAG0685.jpg i just feelt for working so i took some more parts to LOL IMAG0686.jpg and i rust primed all the parts whit ferobet..IMAG0687.jpgIMAG0688.jpg.. and then i took the bolt to the hitch out of the tranny.. easy job Rooster..IMAG0689.jpg

and then i tok the welding on the frame plate to the tranny IMAG0692.jpgIMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0694.jpgIMAG0695.jpg

And i weldet the footrest bar to the frame it was off the frame when i got it IMAG0698.jpgIMAG0705.jpg

And yesterday i put the tractor together to see if ill miss some parts to it.. and i did ..LOL so here are some more pict of that.. im think im going to epoxy prime almost the hole tractor on tuesday this week.

IMAG0696.jpgIMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0699.jpgIMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0701.jpgIMAG0702.jpg

IMAG0703.jpgIMAG0704.jpg

and i did some welding to the hood to day.IMAG0707.jpg

And i also fired the engine up to day.. and WOW it runs great....th_VIDEO0052.jpg this is a vid of the engine running.

So thanks for whatching

• Like 3

wheeledhorseman

At this rate Lars you'll finish the project in far less time than it took to cross the Atlantic!

Nice work there pal.

Andy

Lars

well i need the set collar to the steering shaft 2 of them and, and some other small parts.

and i have to thank SpecialWheelhorse for that Engine runs great.... no smoke just a good sound from it..

neil

Its Gonna look real nice Lars & at this rate you may even get it finished to bring the tractor to the Ardingly show

meadowfield

wow ! that is awesome...

well worth the wait!

Ken B

Looking good! Did you take it for a little spin?

AMC RULES

Looking really good now Lars.

Rooster

Damn your fast Bro! Cannot believe that is the same old dilapidated tractor I put in the box.

A19mm collar should be really close for that steering shaft. Might have to ream just a few thousandths out of it.

c161rat

Holy Crap......You have been busy Lars!!!!!!! keep up the good work!!!!!!

Anglo Traction

Yeah ! , your going at it Full Throttle........... New Name = 'Lightning Lars' alias 'The Rocket'. I had a hunch you just had to put it together first. Great work/progress. You Da Man!.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Lars, your a man on a mission! :scared-eek: I thought I moved quick, but I got nothing on you! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Lars

Hey Fellas a smal update on what i did to day... plan was to get all ready for epoxy.. but the weather stops me..¤#"¤# so here are some other pict.

Have done the seat pan and taken the tranny apart and clean up some other small parts.

IMAG0710.jpgIMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0712.jpgIMAG0713.jpg

IMAG0714.jpgIMAG0715.jpg

IMAG0716.jpg

The tranny was realy good inside all the gears are realy good on it but all the seals and i think all the bearings are bad.. need to clean up all the bearing and then take a look at it...

I have most of the bearings to the tranny i think i miss one or two bearings.

Thats all

thanks for watching and all the nice comment

it is realy fun to do it

Thanks all.

Rollerman

Wow Lars, makeing some major progress in a very short amount of time... :handgestures-thumbup:

stevasaurus

WOW Lars...that looks great...Rooster is going to want it back. :)

specialwheelhorse

Just been sitting here rooting for you all along. Now I'm getting kinda misty eyed

and just can't wait till she's all done. I'm sure glad everything is coming together so well.

Your buddy in Texas JIM

neil

Tat seat pan looks almost too good to paint

Rooster

I think the next Suburban going to Norway will be for Lars to re-store and send back to me! ROFL!

Update fro The State Side SUburban...working on an 856 now, but thiss weekend I am pulling my 400 out of Storage to start stripping it down...someone has inspired me!

• Like 2

Lars

I think the next Suburban going to Norway will be for Lars to re-store and send back to me! ROFL!

Update fro The State Side SUburban...working on an 856 now, but thiss weekend I am pulling my 400 out of Storage to start stripping it down...someone has inspired me!

LOL i still have the crate in my workshop Bro..

Souds good that u pulling the 400 out... i can tell yah it is fun..