Rooster

Suburban International!

Rooster

2 DAYS AND NO UPDATES?

:angry-nono:

racinfool40

:eusa-think: HMMM..I was thinkin the same thing....Maybe he finally crashed on the garage floor!!!! Or the wifey finally put her foot down!!! :ychain:

Rooster

I bet when it is done, he sits down on it and sleeps for a week!

• Like 2

Lars

Ok Ok i know i have been LAZY...Fellas dont tell me LOL....

But here are some uppdates..

I have cleand upp all the trannyparts and bearings, and done a lot of sandblasting too.

have taken all the other parts to my buddys place so i can put epoxy primer on them in the paint box. some of the parts has been primed and are almost ready to get some paint..

well here are some pict..

here is the tranny parts clean and nice IMAG0730.jpg almost ready to get back in the tranny..gears etc was in realy good shape:)

and here is the tranny cleand upp innside IMAG0729.jpg looking a lot better now..

so after all the cleaning it was time to get it sandet IMAG0734.jpg

And primed whit two coatsIMAG0737.jpg starting to look realy good:)

Then i took of the front tires from the rims and, one of the rim was bad.. and they are two diffrent style of rims..so ill need to get me another one..

IMAG0727.jpgIMAG0726.jpgIMAG0728.jpg

then i throw them in the E tank to next day then ill sandet them IMAG0732.jpgIMAG0733.jpg and gave them an coat of Ferobet. then ill primed them IMAG0736.jpg looking a lot better now....

and i have blasted and primed the back rims too they were in great shape..IMAG0725.jpgIMAG0723.jpg and blasted and primed the front axel IMAG0718.jpg and some other small parts IMAG0722.jpg.

so now im going to put the tranny back together and do it ready for paint.

and hope ill get epoxy primed the other parts his weekend or on monday...

then im almost follow my plan.. LOL

Well thanks for watching guys...

Rooster

Looking great Bro!

Again, sorry about the wheel deal, I never even looked close at them when they came in, just stuck them in the box!

c161rat

Go Lars Go!!!!!!!!!

Lars

Looking great Bro!

Again, sorry about the wheel deal, I never even looked close at them when they came in, just stuck them in the box!

Thanks Bro, its not ur fault on the rims.. just ging to paint them and use them.. so i have time to find another sett to it

and i need to get the Decals soon too LOL

bowtiebutler956

Looking really good Lars!! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

Jake Kuhn

Looking great lars! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: Jake

neil

Looking real good Lars , So do you have any plans to show this tractor in the nr future & what are your intentions to do with it when it is finished.

Surely you must have taken time off work to have got this far with the restoration.

its taken me nearly two years to restore my 1963 653 & seeing how quick that it has taken you it has given me the insentive to get moving with finishing it

Looking forward to seeing the end off yours .

How many Hours have you spent on it now .

Neil

JimD

Nice work Lars! :thumbs: :thumbs:

massey

Quality work so far, and fast too. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Stigian

Good to see you cracking on with this project Lars, after it's "adventures at sea".

Lars

Looking real good Lars , So do you have any plans to show this tractor in the nr future & what are your intentions to do with it when it is finished.

Surely you must have taken time off work to have got this far with the restoration.

its taken me nearly two years to restore my 1963 653 & seeing how quick that it has taken you it has given me the insentive to get moving with finishing it

Looking forward to seeing the end off yours .

How many Hours have you spent on it now .

Neil

Hey Neil.. well im going to look for some shows but they are not much of them near me.. so i think it's going to be the littelhelper to my raider. haul some trailer and stuff around in my yard.. when it is need for it..

im laid off from work right now. but im work to my buddys paintshop atm.. so i get free paint etc from him LOL... on the hrs im not sure but ill think i have 70-80 hrs now.. on it..

Quality work so far, and fast too. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks massey

Good to see you cracking on with this project Lars, after it's "adventures at sea".

Thanks Ian.. yes it was very good to get it here so i could start working at it.

And thanks all for great and nice feedback

Lars

Here is another small uppdate..

i have rebuilt the tranny on it.. every bearings has been cleand up tested and and well greeased.. so i think i have a very good tranny to it now.. so here are some pict..

IMAG0745.jpgIMAG0741.jpg

IMAG0743.jpgIMAG0742.jpg

IMAG0746.jpgIMAG0748.jpg

IMAG0749.jpg and around the hitch bolt i use gasket silicon, because thats why the hitch bolt get stuck in the tranny.. the water can get in to the bolt and make some rust on it..

so ill do put on gasket silicon around there and ill use copper pasta on the bolt.. ill also use that on the hubs etc....

The tranny is all back together and ready to get some paint now IMAG0751.jpgIMAG0752.jpg

Thanks all:)

• Like 1

WH Raider10

Lars that just looks great man! Keep up the good work!!! :bow-blue::)

P-J

meadowfield

looking great Lars, you are giving it the TLC it deserves!

c161rat

Copper Pasta???????? LOL

Lars

Copper Pasta???????? LOL

copper paste!!!!!/copper grease...

Btw Rotta this one is OLD..but it dont have a OIL leak....

Rooster

Looking great Lars!

And like I promised on the phone, I won't tell anyone on RS that you took a day off from it this weekend...that's between you and me! :teasing-whipyellow:

Copper Pasta???????? LOL

Copper Paste AKA Anti Seize ;)

c161rat

Copper Pasta???????? LOL

copper paste!!!!!/copper grease...

Btw Rotta this one is OLD..but it dont have a OIL leak....

That is a special order item on Harleys......keeps you from having to check the oil all the time......You know when it stops leaking its time to add more oil!!!!
  • Like 1

Lars

Lars that just looks great man! Keep up the good work!!! :bow-blue::)

P-J

Thanks P-J

looking great Lars, you are giving it the TLC it deserves!

Thanks Mark

Looking great Lars!

And like I promised on the phone, I won't tell anyone on RS that you took a day off from it this weekend...that's between you and me! :teasing-whipyellow:

Copper Pasta???????? LOL

Copper Paste AKA Anti Seize ;)

Thanks Rooster... Good u keep the secret:)

Lars

Have been doing some work on the engine tint/shield engine is not going to be repaint it is good as is..

so here are the pic.

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0754.jpg here u can se it was a lot of rustholes in the tint to the left in the pict.. so ill made a new one to it IMAG0756.jpgIMAG0758.jpgIMAG0759.jpg

and the wife came out and told me u can not pait it red now.. it looks great now whit steel color on it..so im not sure yet..

Thanks for watching and all the nice comments iv got

• Like 2

Rooster

WOW, that is some craftsmanship there!

I think just a satin clear on the Tin would be cool!

c161rat

those tins need to be Chrome!!!!!!! Chrome will get you Home!!!!!!!.......Nice metal fab work though!!!!!! Very impressive

• Like 2