Rooster

Suburban International!

Rooster

As mentioned in another thread, Europe is Gaining a Suburban! LOL

GEDC0015.JPGGEDC0017.JPG

This little 551 is headed to Norway!

Lars AKA Knusern and I have been talking for some time in the chat room. (And some of you thought it was useless! HAHA)

I recently bought a "lot " of tractors on EBAY and this little Jeewl was in the mix.

Lars has been wanting another tractor, but they are very expensive in Norway.

So I told him he could have this Suburban if he could get it there.

It is missing some pieces , but shows some promise. I have looked at a few Suburbans, the fenders are in great shape, rear tires seem ok

Front end needs some attention. Not sure whats going on with that hood stand?

Basically the plan is this...We are going to gather all the parts here in the states, Then I am going to take it apart, to fit into a shipping crate. Then off to Norway for Knus to restore it.

• Like 7

AMC RULES

They say it's a global economy these days, good thing for Lars, based on what he's said about :wh: prices there. :thumbs:

VinsRJ

I love when a plan comes together!

Rooster

Next part of the plan...Knus has to decide on an engine, lol....

Original Tejunkseh, K91 or a Clinton......

Lars

Yep i have fixed the shipping.. and So far so good Roster :)

neil

Congratulations on your purchase Lars . I also have had a suburban & a 653 shipped over to UK a couple of years ago.

You guys in the US are so lucky to have the early models available.. Here in Europe the early tractors are rarer that Hens Teeth and if they do come up for sale they cost stupid amounts of money..

A question to Lars , Do you know of any other suburbans or RJs in Norway .

Good luck with your Export , restore Lars & remember LOTS Of PICS

Lars

Thanks Neil .. i need to thanks Rooster for it he is a verry good man.. No i thinke we have non of them here in norway, have never seen annyone som places. of course it will be pict of it :)

Rooster

Started a short list of PArts this tractor is going to need...

Hood & gas tank

Front wheels and tires

Steering wheel

If anybody has any parts for it or see anything we are missing, please chime in.

Rooster

A 400 hood would be fine as well.

WH Raider10

Very cool!!! :) I was planning to do the same thing, I've a friend that lives in Florida who is going to ship a crate to Belgium and I was able to fit a wheelhorse in there. Offcourse it should be a RJ or suburban cause the box is only 120cmX120cmX90cm. I've placed an ad in the wanted section for a roundhood but got no response. :( If anyone wants to help me out with one that would be greatly appreciated. It may be one in pieces, or with missing pieces, doesn't matter!

Pieter-Jan from Belgium :)

Anglo Traction

Love it when someone's plan comes together and knowing there are some helpful people out there!. Wish all the best for the shipping and Restore.

I just need little lottery win and I'll be booking some Pallet Space on my Retired Staff Concessions on a Flight out of Pittsburg and a Pocket full of Bucks to come and do some serious Shopping.

Lars

Hard to find parts for it.. i think i have been looking all places :eek:

The sooner we get hold of parts the faster it comes to Norway. Shipping takes about 5 weeks, so total it will take 6-7 weeks with shipping to :norway:

But first we must find all the parts we need ..

If anybody has any parts for it or see anything we are missing, please chime in.

Rooster

On the hood stand I think you could probably repair the one that is there with your fab skills Knus...maybe someone could get a picture and measurements?

wh1257

wow it is a dream of many I would like also like to have but

c161rat

You are a good man Rooster....I wish i had round hood parts. If I did I would donate them to the cause!!!!! Congrats Lars on your new aquisition!!!!!

• Like 1

Lars

You are a good man Rooster....I wish i had round hood parts. If I did I would donate them to the cause!!!!! Congrats Lars on your new aquisition!!!!!

Thanks Rotta:)

Rooster

Well more redsquare Members have stepped up to the plate.

Monkulunka - Chris Harris out of the St. Louis Mo are has offered to help with getting the Tractor to Tennesee to be put on a boat.

And from here it gets a bit convoluted....but!

As parts were going to be difficult to find in time to make the next boat, we got a little bit desperate. Knus has been searching high and low. rwilson - Rich Wilson out of PA offered up his spare 551 basically for what he has in it, though being in PA caused a problem, Stevasaurus offered to transport it from PA to Illinois after the June Show...but that leaves it in Illinois and Knusern waiting forever.....sooo

Since it is going to be at least until then before I can start on mine, basically I am going to ship Knusern parts off of my Suburban Project sop that we can make it on the boat in time. Knusern is buying Richs 551 to replace mine, which Steve will get from Rich at the June Pa show and I will get from Steve I guess at some time when I am in Illinois, lol...I have yet to talk to Steve, but I understand this is the offer he made...I hope, rofl!

SO thanks to RS members stepping up and working together...Project Suburban International tractors on!

• Like 2

c161rat

This just shows me what a great group of guys there is on this forum. Helping each other further the hobby. Please let me know if I can help in any way!!!!

farmer

What a great :wh: story, got a feeling this little tractor is going to be famous on RS.

:confusion-helpsos::USA::tools-hammerdrill::happy-wavemulticolor::tools-wrench: :tools-wrench: :norway: :woohoo:

• Like 1

Lars

Yes, this is amazing .. It's fun to see so many people involved in this project it is very touching all I can say is Thank u guys .. have no words for it ...

It's fun that it finally shows up a few parts. Like Rooster said, I have looked all the places for parts that I know of.been searching high and low

But there is still much that is missing and must be explored up

SO thanks to RS members stepping up and working together...Project Suburban International tractors on!

• Like 1

Rooster

Prosjekt Suburban Internasjonale traktorer på!

specialwheelhorse

Hey Rooster: Been sitting here thinking I've got a real nice hoodstand I;ll probably never use

and a whole benchful of K-91s and maybe a few other items I coild throw in. I've gone thru the 91s

and they all run well. I spent some time in the service in Norway and the guys were great to us over there.

How soon do you think it will take to get this box ready ? Maybe we could meet sometime about halfway

to transfer goodies.

Jim in the Colony Texas

• Like 1

Rooster

Crate has to be done this month,

pm to you, lets Talk sometime soon!

Rooster

More RS members showing their true RED through!

specialwheelhorse AKA Jim from The Colony Texas has DONATED a hood stand, a RUNNING K91 and some other misc parts to the project!

Prater in Blanchard OK is opening up his home for us to meet at and get the parts!

If you are in the OKC area and have nothing to do Saturday Afternoon....come out and shoot some Horse with us!

Prosjekt Suburban Internasjonale traktorer på!

• Like 1

Lars

This is unbelievable :bow-blue: .... I HAVE NO WORDS for it .. :bow-yellow:

THANKS GUYS :eusa-clap: