MikesRJ

Most of us stay right there inside that red circle by the #2 ! :ychain:

SouthMountainFairgrounds-2.png

• Like 1

AMC RULES

How are the camping sites assigned Mike? :scratchead:

First come, first served, or do you have to call ahead and reserve one? :dunno:

MikesRJ

First come first served for both the camper area and the tent area. Tent campers are allowed in the #2 circle area and in the red circle area in the upper left of the photo, Trailer and camper vehicle camping is allowed in the center #1 area and the periphery of the #1 and #2 campsite areas. The only available power sites are in the #1 area. If you have both a camper vehicle and a trailer, the camper can go in the powered area, but your trailer must be parked in the parking lot area. This allows for the maximum number of payed electrical spots without hogging up the room of the powered areas. Since the show gets bigger in attendance with each passing year, the campers usually start lining up around 6am (EDIT: on Friday Morning) to get he choicest spots. Some of us get there rather early and could always save you a spot in our normal campsite. :hide:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Thanks Mike. :)

MikesRJ

Mike, If you go to this link there are several pictures of the campsite areas from the ground. You might even see a few pics of the usual suspects ... lol.

http://www.wheelhors...showpage&pid=25

Something like these crazy characters ...

003.jpg

121.jpg

108.jpg

112.jpg

110.jpg

113.jpg

109.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Really does look like fun. :)

stevasaurus

Actually, I have been staying at the Comfort Inn in Scotland, Penn. Rooms are around $89/nite without any discounts. Clean, very nice rooms, indoor pool, air, continental breakfast, computer that you can use near the lounge area. It is about 4 miles north of Chambersburg right off the pike. I like the back way out to get to Rt#30, so you do not have to drive through Chambersburg...not that big of a deal. A real nice drive to the show, about 20 minutes. I would love to camp, but I just can't do that any more...plus all the stuff I would have to haul from Illinois. :) A McDonalds is right next door...plenty of restaurants close.

Comfort Inn

3301 Black Gap Rd.

Scotland, Penn. phone # 717-263-6655

krazy_horse

We plan spend the night in Chambersburg, Pa. at the Travel Lodge,About $65.00 per night. There is a Days Inn there also at apprx $69.00 per night. The lady told my wife the rooms were filling up fast. O , I did enough camping in the ARMY. ... Jim

GlenPettit

Gettysburg is expensive, very expensive, with high extra local taxes on rooms. This June, basically all the 'below' $200 rooms are booked in Gettysburg, but Chambersburg has lots of rooms. I'm at the Days Inn, $72 inclusive/night with breakfast, looks like only a 5-10 minute extra drive to the show. Just google "Chambersburg, PA Rooms". Lot more stores & eats in Chambersburg, fewer tourists and much lower prices on everything. Camping would be best, but at my age & health, it's a room for us.

Michigan Glen

PS - Could use a ride Saturday morning in to the show from Chambersburg, the Days Inn is right on US-30 downtown, (saves my wife from getting up early to take me in, that's her shopping day, mine is Friday at the Show while she helps).

whfan74

Glen,

I think we may be staying at the same place. I will do some checking. If we are or even in Chambersburg, you can hitch a ride back to the show grounds with us.

wh500special

Actually, I have been staying at the Comfort Inn in Scotland, Penn. Rooms are around...

What Steve's not telling you is that he's been running into another crazy guy from Illinois at that hotel. :) That place fills up with FIB's.

I always thought camping would be fun, but I've gone on other camping trips 800 miles from home only to have horrendous weather make things miserable both during the stay and on the drive home...I'm too wimpy to be adventurous anymore.

Dad and I have been staying at the place Steve mentioned almost every year we've gone to the show. I guess it's been 10 times or so now. Never a bad experience, but they do sell out occasionally due to car shows, Gettysburg congestion, and such. I usually make my reservation way in advance. It's effectively part of Chambersburg so you're still in the thick of things with respect to restaurants, historical stuff, access, etc. Black Gap road actually connects directly to US30 east of C-burg, so bypassing traffic is easy. And, there's a JD dealership right next to the hotel as well in case you need to...well, who knows.

If you stay here, go online and get a "Choice Privledges" card from the corporate head of these hotels plus others in their chain. The rates are slightly discounted and every so many stays you'll get a free room. This year, my hotel stay will be gratis.

Steve, we'll see you for Breakfast again this year...good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise of course.

Steve

whfan74

Thought we were staying in Chambersburg, but just double checked with dad and come to find out we are staying at the Comfort Inn in Gettysburg.

Dad was able to get us a good discount. So there are deals in Gettysburg! :)

stevasaurus

Glen, if you still need a ride Saturday, I can pack you in the front seat with me and the wife....maybe I can trade the wife for you...she loves to shop. :) Steve, you are cracking me up, glad you and your dad are going again this year...we have to plan a fishing trip. Waffle Waffle :) :) .

Redbird

Counting the days til we are camping with you all, again. David has a really "different" Wheel Horse he's bringing this year. He built it in 3 day...that's all I'm going to say LOL You'll just have to wait and see.. :)

We are looking forward to seeing everyone again...and...Stevasaurus.... no more winning the tractors LMAO. Miss you both.

Ken B

I'll be spending the night at the Field of Dreams. :ychain:

AMC RULES

Countdown clock says nineteen days and counting people. :teasing-poke:

stevasaurus

Hey Redbird, good to hear from you and I am glad you and Dave are going to the show. I have a special present for you...if you remember, we talked about it last year. :) :)

rwilson

will see all of you there this year.

Coadster32

We stayed @ the Holiday Inn hotel in Chambersburg for that last three years, 1 or 2 exits south from the show. Waffle House does indeed kick butt! Although, it certainly looks like camping out with the boys is something not to miss. I'm always with wife and two kids in tow. Not going to make it this year. Hope it's a great turnout as usual.