Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Wish they were stiull this cheap!

Mith

When I got my Commando it came with a brochure and a pricelist from 1974.

Oh how I wish they were still this cheap, a GT14 for

nylyon

It sure would be nice to see prices like that again. Got to love the price for the new GT-14!

Sparky

Didnt take to long before they got expensive tho. This newspaper ad came with my 1982 GT-1142.

Nelson429.jpg

Mike.........

Sparky

Hey Mith, where you from? I see your price list is in Pounds. I was born in England. Blackburn England to be exact....home of the Blackburn Rovers. Lived in Darwin for 2 years before my folks came to the USA.

Mike........

Mith

Mike, I'm down near the south coast, 40 miles SW of London, in the sunny bit ha ha

:D

I like that newspaper ad. Like the way how they compare the to the prices of the WheelHorses underneath, they about over a grand more.

willy victor

Didnt take to long before they got expensive tho. This newspaper ad came with my 1982 GT-1142.

Nelson429.jpg

Mike.........

Sparky how much was it, I'd like to compare it with an 83 GT1142 just to see if I got hosed. I'm trying to remember how much I paid for it. I'm sure my wife has the receipt somewhere. Thanks.

Willy

Sparky

I bought my GT-1142 in 2004 for $700 with a snow-blower, 36" deck(not a 42"), and a 36" tiller.

Mike......

CHARGER9AUTO

I bought my GT-1142 in 2004 for $700 with a snow-blower, 36" deck(not a 42"), and a 36" tiller.

Mike......

Mike, I found this picture off one of the Yahoo Wheel Horse picture sites of your C-125 Auto in some tractor Games at the show. Ben....... :D

Attached Image

post-3-1199673814.jpg

Sparky

Thats gotta be at least 3 years old. I bought it off that guy 2 years ago.

Mike..........

CHARGER9AUTO

Thats gotta be at least 3 years old. I bought it off that guy 2 years ago.

Mike..........

Mike, I will have you walk next to me at the show this year and pick what tractor I'd should buy with AUTOMATIC transmission and hydro lift that is for sale . Ben.......

willy victor

Sparky how much was it, I'd like to compare it with an 83 GT1142 just to see if I got hosed. I'm trying to remember how much I paid for it. I'm sure my wife has the receipt somewhere. Thanks.

Willy

Thanks Sparky last night I wasn't getting the pic. Thanks.

Willy

muka

my favorite

Attached Image

post-3-1199753085.jpg

nylyon

They're more than that now! I had no idea that was the cost, but I guess in '58 / '59 that was valued a little more.

CasualObserver

Go back a little farther Karl... that's a RJ25 or RJ 35 in that there ad!! (1955-57)

nylyon

Wonder how much the 58 and 59's were?

CasualObserver

If you've got the book... there are price lists in the appendix

For those who don't

1955 RJ-25 $275.00

1955 RJ-35 $295.00

1956 RJ-25 $299.50

1956 RJ-35 $329.50

1958 RJ-58 $399.50

1959 RJ-58 $395.00

:P That makes the ad above a 1955 :D

CasualObserver

Muka... I sent you a PM... but in case you missed it... would you mind emailing me a high resolution copy of that? Thanks.

muka

THAT AD WITH HALF A STEERING WHEEL IS A 1954 PROTOTYPE IT WAS USED FOR THERE VERY FIRST AD FOR THE RIDEAWAY JUNIOR. i HAVE A LOT OF STUFF FROM POND WHEELHORSE WILL POST SOME OTHER ADS WHEN I DIG THEM OUT THANK YOU KEVIN

CasualObserver

Well... since we're breaking out old ads....

Bet you can't get one of these at this price anymore!

2wheelpond.jpg

muka

NICE ADD THATS A HAROLD POND TRACTOR ELMER AND CECILS UNCLE HE STARTED SPEEDEX TRACTOR RAVENNA OHIO.ELMER AND CECIL STARTED IN HIS DADS GARAGE ON THE CORNER OF CLIFFORD STREET AND NORTH DONALD ROAD SOUTH BEND INDIANA IN 1948 THEY HAD FINISHED THERE NEW FACTORY ON 2643 DIXIE WAY NORTH THEN IN 1961 NEW PLANT BUILT 515 WEST IRELAND ROAD SOUTH BEND. BY MIDDLE SIXTIES THEY WERE PRODUCING A WHEEL HORSE TRACTOR EVERY 3 MINUTES .GREAT ADD I WILL EMAIL THE AD I HAVE KEVIN

Attached Image

post-3-1199832478.jpg

muka

SOME MORE STUFF

Attached Image

post-3-1199832719.jpg

CasualObserver

That's some cool stuff! I'll trade you some of my scans for some of yours! email me!

combatmp29r

Hmmmm learned something new. OK no wise cracks there even though I did leave the door wide open. I knew Speedex was from Ravenna, My great uncle used to run the Arsenal there, but thats another story. I did not know they were started by a Pond. Interesting.

CasualObserver

Yeah, Harold and Elmer were brothers. You can read the Speedex side of the history here

On a side note... I have a Pond (or Speedex not sure) two wheeler... has Ravenna OH cast into the drive handle. My dad (who works in seed corn) picked it up for nothing from some old farmer who wanted it gone. It's back in IL... I'll have to get a picture of it sometime.

TT

Yeah.... and out in my Uncle's back yard sits a 1941 Speedex model B that he wants to cut up to make some kind of weird 4 wheel drive thing with 26X12-12's on all four corners. I was into the little Speedex tractors for a while (S-17 / 18 / 19's) but couldn't stand the Neanderthalic engineering. I guess nobody at Speedex believed in bushings and bearings for a long time? :D

I've been tempted to try to talk him out of that B, but it's just not the right breed anymore. :P