Sign in to follow this  
WHEEL HORSE BILL

First puller ever

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Hey,

pullers just wondering where do I begin in making a puller for my son who is 9 this year.He wants to pull but all I know is original wheel horse. Do I have to change gears, motor, or tires what do I do. I can see that everyone has a special hitch in the back to tow. Does the judges want that or is that just somthing that is more stronger please help me with any info. My kid is going nuts not being able to pull we have a few wh's just sitting waiting for restore or now make a puller please help us out thanks wheel horse bill.

• Like 1

whfan74

Sounds great that you are getting your boy involved in the hobby.

Before you do anything I would do some checking with your local pulling club. Narrow down in to what category you would want your boy to be involved in. Some clubs have an age requirement to be able to pull as well. Get a list of the rules and then set up your tractor that will best fit what category you want to be involved in.

Good luck and have fun as a family!

Flatheadpuller

Being he is 9 you would want him in a stock class. Be sure to hunt around your area for a club and build it to suit.the class. Around here we run 23-10.50-12 tires. I pull my wheelhorse in my avtar in the stock class. Stock 12 hp kohler. Its a fresh rebuild and has a couple good part in but it passes stock rules. 4000rpm with working governor. You will need wheelie bars and a hitch as most clubs require certain hitch requirements and wheelie bars. My son is also nine and he runs a model 100 cub in the same class I pull. We compete against each other.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

That is awesome. My son is sitting here now and is saying he's got the chill's with excitment he can't wait to start

on the project. Can you guys show your puller pics he would love to see them done up if you can thanks again. :lol:

Jim_M

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 2

WHEEL HORSE BILL

very nice I love it great job.

Big Jake

We got a class for stock twins. 26' tires 22 hp Robin 4000 rpm its a 77 C120. Good Luck with yours and make it fun. Jake

post-5291-0-17582200-1327667733.jpg

post-5291-0-89354300-1327667747.jpg

baerpath

Couple of our stockers the gray ones is for sale The little one's for a kid has an 8hp in it

joes8hp004.jpg

ebay413014.jpg

ebay413013.jpg

Wheel Horse Kid

That is great that you want to do that with your son! What a great way to make lasting memories!

Several years ago, my grandpa, dad, and I built my first pulling tractor! It was a blast and a whole lot of fun! I have since retired my puller as it does not really work out for us to go to the local tractor pulls anymore. Maybe someday when life is not so hetic and busy, I will bring her out of retirement!

Here is a picture of my puller that I took last year:

WheelHorsePullingTractor.jpg

Anyways, good luck with your first puller!!!

Cory Zuill

9, just starting out, I'd say if your club has either an 8 or 10 horse class that would be a great starter class!

Cory Zuill
post-5878-0-68561800-1327969069.jpg My 8 horse stocker.

Crazywheelhorseman

i am located in mass too and i am more than willing to help you and your son get started with pulling. i pull only with wheel horses and i have taken many first place finishes on clay and have recently started to pull on concrete too. any questions or if you need parts let me know. -Wayne (978)413-3161

chris11

Wayne and I pull the same places. Where are you going to pull? your going to need some rules If you need any help let us know. Chris

chris hall

3.jpg

4.jpg

that is sooo bad !!!!!!

Jon Steffen

We got a class for stock twins. 26' tires 22 hp Robin 4000 rpm its a 77 C120. Good Luck with yours and make it fun. Jake

does the hitch have any conction to the wheelie bars