Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Will this blade fit my C-141

T-Mo

This isn't too far away from me - question, will it fit a C-141 or a 314-8?

Snow blade - Ebay

nylyon

It sure looks like it will, and it looks like it has all the major components as well. I don't see the short lift linkage, but that would be easy to fabricate. Of course you're going to need the rear axle hitch unless you have one already.

Sparky

That blade will definately fit yer tractor. As Karl said you will need a rear axle attachment bracket to hang it. I use chain to hook up my plows to the lift arm which works great but I have no down pressure. I have found that the weight of the plow is enough to get the job done and I have 42" plows. The 48" plow you are lookin at will be even heavier.

Mike.........

T-Mo

Does any of our kind members have a rear hitch bracket?

Even though Joplin is in Missouri, it's still pretty far from my place. I don't know if I would want to make the trip as it definitely will make the price for that blade go way up just for the gas to pick it up.

kj4kicks

I have this one from the 520. I'm still looking for a plow, so I may eventually need one. I could sell you this one, or we could work something out so I get one back when the time comes. Email me off forum.

m1.JPG

m2.JPG

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

Does any of our kind members have a rear hitch bracket?

Even though Joplin is in Missouri, it's still pretty far from my place. I don't know if I would want to make the trip as it definitely will make the price for that blade go way up just for the gas to pick it up.

Treed, I have another 42" Wheel Horse dozer blade with rear hitch for $75.00 but I needed the control lever , control rod to use for the other snow plow from an Commando 800 I'd picked up that was missing parts except for the rear hitch it was mounted on the transmission I will be at the show next year . Ben...

T-Mo

Eldon, I sent you an email. I hope you got it.

kpinnc

I never knew there was a difference between the "old-style" rear hitch and the newer one until earlier this week. The old style hitch will ONLY fit the short frame dozer blade. The tiller and long frame plows both use the new style hitch like Eldon has pictured. The old style also mounts vertically- in front of the rear axle instead of beneath it.

I knew they were a little different, but I thought they were basically the same thing. There is almost 3 inches difference in the width.

Learn something new every day, but I could've sworn I'd seen short frame tractors with the tiller (like an RT-36x) mounted... Are the older tillers different? Mine is a mid-70s model, and it's WAY too wide for the older hitch.

Kevin

stronics

How does the C-141 tranny hold up to snow plowing, are they up to the task? I have one with the auto and lift and was wondering.

Thanks,

David

nylyon

David, first welcome glad to have you. The C-141 should have an 8-pinion transmission, the strongest there is and it should handle plowing without any trouble.

kpinnc

The C series tractors were just about the toughest residential grade machine you could buy in thier time. Nowadays, I would say they are as tough as ANY of the commercial grade machines.

Your C-141 will plow snow (or gravel, or dirt, or rocks, or green tractors :D ) like it's nothing. They are very rugged machines. The gears in the auto transaxles are every bit as sturdy as any automotive transmission. The drive pumps are also very tough, and if they start to wear out, you can find another one from a multitude of different brands of tractors.

The transaxle alone (no pump, just case and gears) of your C-series weighs more than any other single component of the tractor. Probably somewhere around 150+ pounds. All cast iron case, hardened axles and gears, everything in it is on roller and needle bearings. It's very stout!

Enjoy using it!

Kevin

T-Mo

Hi, David. Welcome. I also have a C-141 automatic and the Sundstrand hydro seems strong and bullet proof. I take it you have the hydraulic lift as I believe the C-141 Automatics had that as standard (the C-141 8 speeds had mechanical lifts). I'm still just getting to know mine, but it's a blast to drive as it can get up and move and the hydraulic lift is just too sweet.

Sparky

Hey David. I have a C-125 auto with hydraulic lift and I plowed last years with it and had no problems. I run about 84#s on each real tire(23x10.50x12) with 2 link chains and it was excellant as far as traction goes.

Mike......