Sign in to follow this  
wheeledhorseman

Member Map - let's see a few more of you.

wheeledhorseman

Hey guys, theres a lot of extras in the new site including the Member Map feature which I think is really cool and useful! :ychain:

Access is via the main index menu bar. To find other members in Europe click on either of the Euro- hot spots currently located in blue over Spain and Norway/Sweeden (not quite sure why they're located where they are.)

From here you can zoom in to locate other Euro-members but at the time of posting I could only find......

'Neil' 'kpthorsefan' and 'phipjuk' in England, '523dxi' in Scotland, 'tractoret' in Spain, and 'misling' in Denmark.

So come on guys stick your pin in the map. Just zoom in on the Google map till you get to your general area (no need to give away your street etc) then describe the location e.g. 'Horsing in Bedfordshire' and add your location.

I know some of you prefer to spend your time exclusively in the main forum but it would be great to know who and where you are to arrange meets etc.

:bow-blue: Congrats to Neil for beating me to this bit of the new site - let's see a few more :handgestures-thumbup: .

Andy

nylyon

I agree Andy! Regardless of where you live, update in the map, it's fun and informative. You never know who may be right next door! Maybe I'll put in another reminder for everyone to see.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make this area better for you, please let me know. Although our similarities are in the tractor, our global location makes our needs unique and I want RedSquare to tend to all of our specific locations.

Lars

Hey guys, theres a lot of extras in the new site including the Member Map feature which I think is really cool and useful! :ychain:

Access is via the main index menu bar. To find other members in Europe click on either of the Euro- hot spots currently located in blue over Spain and Norway/Sweeden (not quite sure why they're located where they are.)

From here you can zoom in to locate other Euro-members but at the time of posting I could only find......

'Neil' 'kpthorsefan' and 'phipjuk' in England, '523dxi' in Scotland, 'tractoret' in Spain, and 'misling' in Denmark.

So come on guys stick your pin in the map. Just zoom in on the Google map till you get to your general area (no need to give away your street etc) then describe the location e.g. 'Horsing in Bedfordshire' and add your location.

I know some of you prefer to spend your time exclusively in the main forum but it would be great to know who and where you are to arrange meets etc.

:bow-blue: Congrats to Neil for beating me to this bit of the new site - let's see a few more :handgestures-thumbup: .

Andy

Hmmm it's two members in norway u didnt see. i have been on the map from the first day.. :eusa-think: it's me and my brother :)

And i can find 14 Eoro members on the map

wheeledhorseman

Hmmm it's two members in norway u didnt see. i have been on the map from the first day.. :eusa-think: it's me and my brother :)

Sorry about that Lars - I could see that there were two of you on the blue hot spot but only found one red pin. I don't think I zoomed in far enough. Just tried again and I can confirm that you both exist! (which is probably reassuring to know)

Already a few more have added themselves to the map so my original count is certainly out of date. Good see 'Stigian', 'Fordsonmajortom', 'Anglo Traction', 'farmer', 'mickrochip' - just keep 'em coming I say.

Andy

neil

I think it would be good to recruit some other Euro members we seem to be a bit thin on the ground

meadowfield

I'm here !!!

Lars

Sorry about that Lars - I could see that there were two of you on the blue hot spot but only found one red pin. I don't think I zoomed in far enough. Just tried again and I can confirm that you both exist! (which is probably reassuring to know)

Already a few more have added themselves to the map so my original count is certainly out of date. Good see 'Stigian', 'Fordsonmajortom', 'Anglo Traction', 'farmer', 'mickrochip' - just keep 'em coming I say.

Andy

Np M8, it's funny to see them coming to the map :)

wh1257

I do not know what to do or what you mean

nylyon

We have a map, click me you enter your location by clicking the "Add Location" or "Update Location" button. This will place a "pin" in the map where you live. If you are concerned about privacy, I recommend just adding your town / village / city and your country as this will just give a relative location.

wheeledhorseman

Sorry, I probably didn't explain it very well. It took me a while to figure the Member Map out.

Click on Member Map, its on the main forum page menu at the top. (the last one after 'Classified')

On the map of the world find a 'blue hotspot' in Europe and click on it.

You will see 2 members in Norway, 1 in Spain, several in the UK.

To mark on the map where you live you have to zoom in on your town using the tool at the top left (just like Google maps)

When you have found your town you can add your location to the map so that we can see where you live.

Hope this helps

Andy

feather20a

Sorry, I probably didn't explain it very well. It took me a while to figure the Member Map out.

Click on Member Map, its on the main forum page menu at the top. (the last one after 'Classified')

On the map of the world find a 'blue hotspot' in Europe and click on it.

You will see 2 members in Norway, 1 in Spain, several in the UK.

To mark on the map where you live you have to zoom in on your town using the tool at the top left (just like Google maps)

When you have found your town you can add your location to the map so that we can see where you live.

Hope this helps

Andy

Hello Andy

I see you are just down the road a bit.

I am resident in Sweden as well as UK, but the location facility only allows for one location it seems.

Any way round that?

Also I'm not that sure of my way round the site yet.

How do I list my loverly stock of Horses?

meadowfield

it's in your profile settings - edit profile and then the bottom option.

mark

landsurveyor

Just added my location, great idea!

Ive been off of the site for a while, now bought a green and yellow one as well as my Charger, so moving to the dark side!!

Update on the Wheelhorse resto is well overdue, so will take dome pics and start a thread.

Happy new year, Simon.

meadowfield

Great to see you back Simon !

C'mon.... We need more northerners! :)

wh1257

I found it belguim kinrooi- molenbeersel

wheeledhorseman

Good to see both of you in Belgium :bflag: have made it onto the map. :thumbs:

C'mon.... We need more northerners! :)

Indeed I think we do!

Its great also to see relative newbie buddah2xa has appeared on the map. Another southerner Mark !

Looks like you need to do some recruiting up north!

Good also to see that 'feather20a' decided to place a flag in the UK rather than Sweeden. Sorry Mark, another southern member.

In answer to your question feather20a' (I may have missed something but I'm not sure we know your name yet):

I see you've added them to your profile page but if you want the list to appear each time you make a post.

Go to your profile page and click the 'Edit my profile' button.

Click on the 'Signature' tab on theleft hand side of the edit page.

Use the text editor to create your signature that will appear at the bottom of each post you make.

Hope this answers the question.

Andy

pmackellow

Good evening fellow Horse enthusiasts, I am still here and on the map (I hope)

WH Raider10

I'm on the map. :)

Norlett

I'm here.

Frank

meadowfield

mhirst121 is now on the map !

Raider10

I'm ere aswell! :woohoo:

Norlett

:flags-wavegreatbritain: so am I

I'am sat by raider10 Waiting for im to fetch some beer in.

Better be quick.Or theres no yorkshire puds for tea.Tomorrow. :eusa-think:

Stormin

:greetings-waveyellow: I'm on.

Tom.

Just added myself, it seems there is nowhere anywhere near me in Norfolk!

Tom

DIBNAH

Ive been on the map so long Sheffield Council have put planters round the pin!