Sign in to follow this  
BadDad

800 Special

BadDad

Hello Donnie here. As some of you know I had my frame stolen in front of my garage. I had all the parts ready to go back together and the frame was gone. I was at a loss as to what to do next. So I made a post on Red Square asking for someone to sell me a frame. I had three people answer my post. Wheel-Mule, m151a1 & SpecialWheelHorse. I want to thank all three of you for answering my post. A real BIG THANK YOU to SpecialWheelHorse, for selling me the 800 Special. Also want to thank the people behind Red Square without them none of this would have happened. I am putting up some pictures & will post more as the build goes along.

Donnie.

post-409-0-04994900-1326835448_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-68873500-1326835458_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-40643900-1326835472_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-75527400-1326835488_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

Whats it getting for a power-plant? Was it a Tecumseh or a Kohler when it was built?

Mike...........

Kelly

They had 8hp briggs with a starter gen. and they came with a elect. clutch, probably because of the briggs engine and the side load with a manual one, I've had a few of these 800's, That one looks to have the orig. seat in good shape, another thing that I've never seen on another WH model is the light block off plate, on these tractors they had a black border, and the horse logo is a bit diff. than the rest. that looks to be a very good stating point.

Jake Kuhn

Looks like a nice tractor to start with,can't wait to see the progress,Jake

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:

Flatheadpuller

Those are nice tractors. Had a friend start out on one of those pulling. He had only one problem. Tt

he gear shift would get stuck in two gears. I'm not sure the trans model but I believe its a peerless trans. Upright though. A very nice start none the less.

ol550

BadDad, Would you mind posting a pic of the id tag? Just want to see if it

says Briggs and Stratton or Wheel Horse. I have one that has Briggs on it.

Mike

specialwheelhorse

I will be checking this every day. Great Pictures. Can't wait to see moms old tractor come alive again.

Jim Rodgers

BadDad

oI550 Here is the id tag.

post-409-0-53244000-1326933396_thumb.jpg

BadDad

Here are some pictures of the engine that I have for the tractor. One picture shows the frame where the engine mounts has two rubber mounts. The engine I have has a flat plate to mount the engine to the frame. The book I have shows the left side has two rubber mounts & the right side has two spacers. So I think the ones on my frame are the wrong ones. What do you all think? Also as you can see I will be looking for a starter generator.

post-409-0-64116300-1326934231_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-00868100-1326934255_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-20915600-1326934277_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-00497900-1326934295_thumb.jpg

specialwheelhorse

Hey Donnie: Since that had a Kohler in it there is no telling what changes were made to the mounts

if any. Wish I had a spare SG I;d ship it down in a minute. Jim

BadDad

Well I got a starter generator. It is going back together slow. I need to locate a gas tank & build a wiring harness for it , & then it will ready to try.