Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

what size deck is this?

nylyon

There are some additional comments that it is a 42" deck, which is what it looks like too.

TT

It was added to the listing that it's a 42" deck. I brought that up when we were discussing the vacuum listed by the same seller.

A quick, but not always fool-proof way to tell a 42 and 48 apart is the location of the height adjuster for the gauge wheels. It's normally on the discharge chute side (right) of the 42's, and on the closed side (left) on the 48's. Since there are no 48" RD decks, you can't get them confused.

Curmudgeon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the double center pulley on a 48" is of equal size, whereas a smaller deck is of two sizes and the outer two pulleys are smaller as well.

Or maybe that's just the 36"er's?

TT

The 36" deck center (double) pulley deal is a mystery. The original 36" RD deck that came with the 1975 B-80 I just sold had an same-size cast iron center pulley, as does the 36" RD deck from the 1970 Commado 7 vert that I once had.

The 1976 48" deck on my 416 does have a same-size cast center pulley, and the 1968-ish 42" deck is "big over little", so that part sounds legit. :whistle: