Sign in to follow this  
edur1710

c-161 auto got it running wont move!!

edur1710

Hi I'm new to this forum I have two wheel horses a 314-8 i use for mowing and plowing. I recently got my grandfathers old c-161 auto it has been sitting for two years got it to run but wont move. I'm missing the level to engage and disenage the transmission. I got the prints from my local dealer they can get me the parts and one know what kind of job im looking at? to fix it. I'm just mainly going to use it to plow snow in the winter and plow my garden in the summer. I would also like to know what model number tiller would fit it.

thanks Eric

pfrederi

Are you talking about the handle you pull up to disengage the hydro (and set the parking brake)? Strange that that would be missing but it is not a major project to replace it. There is also a tow valve under the seat that must be turned. There should be a decal showing which way to tow and which way for driving.

edur1710

yeah its missing i ordered one this moring i think it broke off. But its not a big deal just another thing i gotta do it get the old tractor back to the way it was when i was a kid riding it with my pap

kyle y

i have a similar problem with a 161 its hooked up and filled with oil but wont move

edur1710

did you try the push valve? it should be on the left hand side there is a sticker telling you where its at. it looks like a plug mine takes a 5-16 wrench its got a square top on it pretty small not hard to find though

kyle y

thanks will try that this evening will let you know

edur1710

Are you sure the transmission is engaging?

kyle y

got the trans to move with the adjustment of the valve but now it goes backward when engaged forward so now it those set screws we hope am working on this weekend will let you know how it goes

edur1710

i got the parts for mine just havent had time to put them on and with the snowing coming tonight my 314-8 decided it won't start light for the seat switch keeps coming on gotta figure it out first cuz i need it to plow this weekend gonna be a long night in the garage

Sparky

i got the parts for mine just havent had time to put them on and with the snowing coming tonight my 314-8 decided it won't start light for the seat switch keeps coming on gotta figure it out first cuz i need it to plow this weekend gonna be a long night in the garage

If ya gotta get the snow cleared and don't have the time to spend on it, just bypass the seat switch for now. Get a small jumper wire and you'll be all set.

Mike.........

edur1710

it already has a jumper its not that now i did figure that out i hooked up the battery charger and it was compleatly dead its drawing power from some where but everything was turned off what could it be?? and i hate electrical stuff too lol

TT

Is the PTO completely disengaged? "Slam" the lever back a few times & try starting the engine.

If all else fails, jump the solenoid.

edur1710

well when i put the battery charger on it, the starter was buzzing like it didnt have enough power to spin the flywheel over so i got it charging right now im going back out soon to try it

edur1710

this is what its doing.. i hooked the battery charger up, you can hear the starter moving but the engine wont turn over if i take the charger off it wont do anything whats goin on!!??

TT

Try jumper cables hooked to a battery that you know is good.

edur1710

im really thinking about jumping it off of my truck battery. that batter is only a month old and should be good