Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Lady Ranger Commences

ol550

Any chance there is a 0 and maybe a 7 in the number also. :confusion-confused: Mike

whfan74

I think you might be on to something Mike!!! :text-yeahthat:

dclarke

Is this the one you were trying to finish before Mike get his done? You'll both probably beat me finished.

whfan74

Yeah that is the one. I have a feeling ours is going to take quite a bit. It was a rough, rough, rough tractor. We will patient with this one and see how we can do. Still amazed at some of the work you and others get done on these machines. It is truly amazing. Who knows, hopefully it will be in the trailer when we head to PA this year.

Gene_S

As always Scott you and your dad are doing a great job! I just wish I could find time to heat the garage and work on the projects.

whfan74

Got a call tonight that all the powder coating is done! Will be picked up soon and things should move forward quickly now! Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Lars

nice pink tractor:) i wont let my girls see it.... :)

wheelhorse656

Scott cant wait to see it!!! : thumbs:

whfan74

Ok counting down the hours until my teaching duties are over and I can run over to the shop and get this thing closer to completion, if not completed tonight. I will try and get some pictures posted for all of you. Thanks for sharing in this little journey with me. After it is done the presentation to my little girl will happen.........trust me a camera will be on hand to capture the memories. This has been a ton of fun........now the 500 Special needs to be torn down and head over for blasting and coating for my little boy. Who knows.....I might have that one ready for PA as well.

AMC RULES

Will the 500 be getting it's own thread to document it's resto too Scott? :scratchead:

whfan74

It won't be anything fancy as far as paint colors. Will put back to stock so I am not sure if I will do it or not Craig. I will post pictures of the big reveal for both kids.

Went to the barn tonight and things never go as well as planned. Still waiting on some gaskets to come in the mail. Put the seat on tonight.........man I hope I don't have to do that again. Had to tweak a few things but some progress was made, which is always good. Unfortunately not as much as I would have liked. I keep plugging away and hoping to do the big reveal to my little girl soon!

whfan74

Well I am getting closer. Have to round up a couple more small nuts and bolts that I unfortunately don't have. Oh well, the end is in sight and it is almost time to fire it up and give it to my daughter. Here is where I am at. As soon as I get the rest of the stuff on the motor mounted, I will be sure to take a picture of that as well.

LadyRanger7.jpg

• Like 5

Brrly1

Scott, I am really wondering who is actually more excited about this build. Your daughter or you? I have to think that you are as equally excited as she is. Your going to have to take her down to the show at Mentone so we can see her put around. One more thing put me down on your list to be at your Meet & Greet barring any unforseen circumstances.

• Like 2

1maidenfan

Looking good Scott. :text-bravo::thumbs: We still on for this weekend? Looking forward to checking out your herd and picking up a new one for me. :handgestures-fingerscrossed::confusion-waiting: Thanks :text-thankyouyellow:

Jake Kuhn

looks good Scott! :handgestures-thumbup:

whfan74

@ Brrly......I have been pretty pumped about doing this for her. I knew I would really enjoy it but had no idea how much. It will be an experience that I will never forget. Last night when I became a little frustrated with a few things going back together I honestly stepped back for a minute and thought about who I was doing it for. That was all the motivation I needed.

@1maidenfan......yup we are still on for this weekend. Hoping you might be able to come up Saturday morning. Shoot me a message, I am looking forward to meeting you!

@Jake.......thanks buddy! :)

kpinnc

Scott, I am really wondering who is actually more excited about this build. Your daughter or you?

Pretty excited about this one myself! :)

I need motivation for my girl(s) tractor as well, and this thread is working for me! :ychain:

Really looking forward to pics of the big reveal Scott!

jdpuller

Scott

We do some garden tractor pulling and when my girls said they wanted there own tractor I couldn't resist. We bought a bronco 14 and started the build and many, many times my wife said I look more into it than the girls but it is so much fun watching them with the tractor. My wife thinks I’m nuts because any time they want something changed or added to the tractor it seams to grow into a bigger project.

It looks great and I’m sure your daughter will enjoy it.

Matt

Martin

looks like youre almost there scott. :thumbs:

definitely need some pics of the 500 getting done as well.

you trying to keep all the fun for yourself and not sharing it around? :ychain: ..........

whfan74

Thanks guys.........you are right it has been a lot of fun. I haven't been able to give as much time to it as I would have liked lately. My little boy had his 3rd birthday today, so his party was this last weekend. My beautiful wife has her birthday on Thursday so we will be celebrating that. Throw in normal obstacles and work and you find out you have very little time to get things wrapped up on it. With it so close it is hard to stay away from it.

@Martin...........the 500 Special hasn't been started as of yet. It is actually sitting in the enclosed trailer ready to be torn down. Once I get this one done I will try and hustle with dad to get the 701 so we can have it ready for a show we are going to the end of March. I don't think we will be able to complete it but who knows how things will play out for us. We will give it our best shot.

• Like 1

Martin

We will give it our best shot(s)........ :ychain:

camera shots that is!!!!!!!!

wheelhorse656

That lawn ranger is a sharp peto pink tractor!! :thumbs: Your duaghter will be proud!

whfan74

Well it looks like we have a big reveal date. It is just about done with just a little tweaking that needs to be completed.

My daughter is in kindergarten and they have a class wide show and tell each Friday. This week is the letter "t". I noticed this a few weeks out and thought it would be cool for her to show off her new tractor to all of her classmates. The big reveal will be a little after 1:30 p.m. EST and I will make sure there will be a camera in tow. I will try and capture as much as I can and post them up here Friday night or sometime this weekend.

This will be a blast!

• Like 4

Jake Kuhn

Well how did it go Scott? Did she love it? Jake

Jake Kuhn

Saw the photo's It turned out great! Jake