Sign in to follow this  
PetesPonies

854 Fuel pump . . .

PetesPonies

where do I pick up a fuel pump or parts? The diaphragm is split and a check valve spring is badly corroded. I would take thos eparts of a good pump. Ideas?

oldandred

where do I pick up a fuel pump or parts? The diaphragm is split and a check valve spring is badly corroded. I would take thos eparts of a good pump. Ideas?

Dheck here its were i got mine http://tewarehouse.com/Catalog?search=fuel...ge=13%2C24%2C26

BPjunk

I purchased a Kohler rebuilt kit for a "B" casting pump up at the Wheel Horse Show and the dealer selling the kit told me they had a guy in Indiana make these kits up since Kohler no longer supplies them. I will give a "road test" report when I install the kit to see if it works or not. The kit was not cheap either. <_<

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

PetesPonies

so what pump do I have ? a "B" pump? also, I didn't see a kit for my pump on that link.

TT

Is your current fuel pump vacuum or mechanical? An 854 should have a vacuum pump, but it could have been changed over the years.

Either way, the OEM Kohler kits are all NLA. You can buy a new mechanical pump from Kohler, but they are black plastic and don't have provisions for the threaded fittings/hard line like on the old engines. They are also close to $70!

231597-S is the number for the old kit to repair the vacuum pump. You might be able to hit up some old Kohler dealers and find one in a dusty box on the back of their shelf. If not, keep checking ebay for a used aluminum fuel pump. Your cam IS equipped with a lobe, so you can install a mechanical pump if you have to. :whistle:

rustbucket

i have an old dead seized 12 hp kohler with pump on it mechanical style i can see if it works and if so ill be more then glad to sell it but you'd need a gasket i think.

send me a PM if your interested and we will discus price and shipping. the gasket im not to sure on but check with a few others . i know from military days if we didnt have the gasket we made em from oaktag folders(hope i spelled that right)

PetesPonies

mine is a vacuum pump, not mechanical. So no one has vacuum extra pumps around huh?

WheelHorse_of_course

BTW,

while you are working on the pump....

My 854 came with the pump disconnected and it runs just fine!

There has been 0 incentive to investigate what problem, if any, there is with the one on there.

rustbucket

TT gave ya the parts number for the rebuild to a vacume pump check around and see if any of the toro wheel horse or kohler dealers might have it if not the mechanicak pump is always a safe option.

TT

The levers are different on the big block pumps, Jason. As a matter of fact, there are at least two different big block pumps. (lever lengths) The levers can be changed (I have a KT pump on a K single.) but you'd need to have a mechanical pump from a 161/181 to rob the arm from.

I did see a used vacuum pump on ebay, but it's hard to tell what condition the diaphragm is in unless the seller would open the pump up and look at it.

PetesPonies

can you post the ebay auction? I didn't see it.

rustbucket

was worth it though i didnt know and learned something new from the mighty TT

TT

can you post the ebay auction? I didn't see it.

Vacuum fuel pump on ebay. :whistle:

64s

Hey just keep knocking on doors and turning over stones. I was looking for two rebuild kits last year and found one NOS pump and one NOS rebuild kit from a man who bought out a dealers old Kohler stock. I also just found hydro return springs for the 1054 - everyone told me it was impossible. All the parts are out there - just keep looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TT

Good point, George!

Just because "it's" not on ebay, or you can't find "it" on a Google search doesn't mean there isn't any left on Earth.

Dig out a phone book and look up small engine repair, then start calling numbers. You might be amazed what you can still find. :whistle:

rustbucket

or look for a small engines tractor junk yard like we in PA seem to have several of from what a guy told me the other day.

PetesPonies

do the springs come in the rebuild kit?

TT

I believe the kit was the diaphragm and gasket, the check valve body gasket, two springs, and two discs. (and the mounting gasket)

Dual Wheels

Theres a shop up the road a piece where I get some old parts..he had NOS parts for my tillotson updraft carb maybe he has a Kohler fuel pump kit. Will try to check on it Tue or Wed. I do have a complete pump ...SOMEWHERE.. :whistle: .if I can find it :WRS:

PetesPonies

Thanks Dual . . anything you can find is cool.

PetesPonies

still looking . .anybody have anything for me? Dual??

Dual Wheels

The parts guy sold all the kits he had said they are all gone. B) ..and I haven't had a chance to look for a pump...working too much I guess :whistle: I will try to remember today when I get home B)

TT

Nope.... that's for a big block.

(the lever is bent different)

Dual Wheels

Is this what you are looking for

100_0574.jpg

100_0572.jpg