Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

John Deere 60 restoration

Jake Kuhn

Hi guys I figured I should start a thread on the restoration of my JD 60. I started it this summer and it is getting close to being finished.I believe this is a 67 but I may be wrong.If anyone has a seat their willing to sell Let me know. Just about everything is painted or ready to be painted.The wheels need to be sent out to the powder coater.I have a complete rebuild kit for the motor just need to get the valves ground and put it back together.Here are some pictures,Jake

102_0087.jpg

102_0088.jpg

Sparky

Do my eyes deceive me or do you have the whole tractor laid out on yer bed :eek: ??

Mike.........

Jake Kuhn

Do my eyes deceive me or do you have the whole tractor laid out on yer bed :eek: ??

Mike.........

Lol at our farm we built bedrooms in the barn so we can sleep there in the summer,but yes that would be the bed I sleep on there,Jake

Ken B

Looks like a nice little project.

T-Mo

Jake,

Give me the complete id number on the id tag and I can tell you exactly what year it is.

Jake Kuhn

T-mo,The type is T6002. The serial is 014651 M. Thanks,Jake

T-Mo

Here is the info from WFM:

Here is the information about the Tractor T6002014651m

Model: 60 Typecode: T6002 Serial Number: 14651 Model Year: 1967 Engine Model and Size: VH60 Tecumseh 6HP Lift Type: Manual Paint: Green Manufactured Location: Horicon, WI

Jake Kuhn

Thanks you for the info T-mo,Jake

Jake Kuhn

Well guys small little up date here. I got the wheels sent out to the powder coater and got some goodies in the mail the other day. I aso got some more parts painted but haven't gotten any pictures of them yet. Here is some pictures,Jake

more parts ready for paint

102_0145.jpg

new deestone tri ribs

102_0146.jpg

what the powder should look like on the wheels

102_0147.jpg

the goodies

102_0148.jpg

• Like 1

dobeleo

You had me going when I first started looking at the parts, I thought it was the original JD 60 from the 50's, to replace the A and B. I was initally thinking those parts are small!

dclarke

Looks really good Jake, Nice Job!

Jake Kuhn

Thanks for the comments.Yeah I thought I might have a few people thinking I was doing the big 60. Should have put lawn tractor tin the title,Jake

chris11

Mike.........

OK Mike lets put this to bed. Jake nice job

Jake Kuhn

Well here is a update on the 60. Finally putting it back together! Here are some pictures, Sorry about the glare,the sun was shining through the windows in the big overhead door,Jake

102_0173.jpg

102_0172.jpg

102_0170.jpg

102_0171.jpg

• Like 1

rmaynard

Great job Jake. When do you find time for school?

Rollerman

It's looking good Jake & good use of the Vette in the background. :hide:

Martin

looking good jake. :handgestures-thumbup:

one day maybe i will do a green one.

im around that color all day at work (amongst a little case red and cat yellow) and its nice to come home to only red right now.

Jake Kuhn

Thanks for the comments guys. Stephen that is actually a 68 camaro in the background,my dad runs a body shop and he is restoring one for someone and that is just a parts car,Jake

AMC RULES

I bet that's gonna be really sharp once it's completed, nice work so far Jake. :music-rockout:

Gene_S

Jake your doing a great job!

There was one of them down the road last year here in Wabash already restored for sale. My wife already has a lawn ranger and wanted it also. I called the number on the for sale sign and about fell over. $800 firm no less. Your paint and eye for detail is much nicer then the one I saw.

Jake Kuhn

Thanks for the comments guys. Gene, if it was a good restoration I would say that would be a good price but if it wasn't I would say no. Got the springs for the transmission painted today so hopefully I can do some more work on it tommorow,Jake

Jake Kuhn

Well here is a small update on the 60. Got the tires mounted today and they look great! Have to wait until Monday for the other front tube to come though. I was pretty surprised to walk back to where I keep the painted parts and only find the fender pan! Here are some pictures,Jake

102_0183.jpg

102_0182.jpg

102_0181.jpg

102_0180.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Well here is a small update. The wiring is hooked up and got it running today,ran great just needs some carb tuning. Just need to get a few more parts painted and it should be ready to be driven. Here are some pictures. Jake

102_0203.jpg

102_0204.jpg

whfan74

You are making quick work of it Jake and it is looking fantastic......for a Deere that is! :ychain:

You are going to have a very nice looking tractor there!

Martin

jake, thats really looking nice. good to hear you got it running.

its getting closer to being finished..... :thumbs: