Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Cecil Pond Passed Away Yesterday 12/30/2011

varosd

A truly sad day for such an industry great. Knowledge, Innovation and hard work were his generations mantra. He will be missed.

MaineDad

So sad... Never met him - wish I had... Peace...

HorseFixer

Sad, Sad, Indeed, :( however he is in a better place with his wife Betty, his brother mother and father. :bow-blue: RIP Cecil, It was good to meet you.

And I am a better man for it. You have left a legacy, you have touched so many, and you will never be forgotten. :thumbs:

~Duke

Jake Kuhn

Rest in Peace Mr. Pond. My prayers go out to his family.

WH854

Rest In Peace Mr. Pond

Chas

Matt71

I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but i can tell by the quality and passion that went into his work that he was a man of great skill and integrity!!! May he rest in peace...

wheelhorse656

Good by Mr.pond!! I truly wish I would have gotten to meet you. You were one of the most highly thought of Person in my book!!!! Rest in piece friend.

Docwheelhorse

I purchased my first Wheel Horse @ 13 back in 1984 and new nothing about them except that it looked "cool". I proceeded to make a fortune cutting grass and plowing snow throughout the neighborhood. I still have the tractor (1968 Commando 8) and it is my avatar pic. I was also very fortunate to both have met Cecil and had him autograph the hood of my Commando. He and his family created what I would argue is the simpliest and most rugged tractor design EVER. With a decent set of hand tools even @ 13 I was able to maintain and repair this little gem. I will always honor his legacy and will do all I can to keep these tractors going.

Thanks to the Pond family and may Cecil rest in peace.

Tony Ruggiero

Lars

It was sad news .. greatest condolences and sympathy to the family ....

jay in nc

I feel lucky that in 2004 at the wheelhorse show i got to meet cecil & have a conversation with him & mike martino. what a wonderfull experience. he was amased that there was so much interest in "his little tractors" rest in peace cecil & betty .

WHRNaddict

Rest in Peace Mr. Pond. The vision of you and your father have created a passion like non other for me. For that I am grateful.

speedyleedy

May god be with the cecil pond family in there time of need ! thank you cecil for are great hobby that we all enjoy so much, you will truely be miss but not forgotten ! godspeed :bow-blue:

shootinok

Rest in Peace Mr. Pond

May your family find strength in this difficult time.

Thank you for your contributions to the industry, to the hobby, to the World!

mavfreak

Thank you Mr. Pond. May you find piece.

rj35hunter

This is one of my favorite memories of this hobby since I started........and always will be! I am honored of having the opportunity to have met him. You will always be in all of our hearts......Mr. Pond. You will be missed, but what you have created will live on forever and bring joy to many for generations to come.

Clay

6610881555_2848d92a62.jpg

• Like 3

fabricator2009

Rest in peace Mr. Pond. And thank you.

Wheel Horse Kid

That is such sad news. I also was never able to meet him, but I sure he was a great man. Our prayers and thoughts go to his family as they go through this very rough time. Thank You Cecil for all the contributions that you made to Wheel Horse. May You Rest In Peace.

can whlvr

rest in peace mr pond and your legacy will live on for ever,thankyou

clintonnut

I guess I need to make a phone call and get back my RJ belt guard with his signature on it.....

RIP

Charlie

clyde

rest in peace Cecil Pond and thank you for your dream of garden tractors, We wouldnt be here on red square without you! :bow-blue:

ce318

Thank you for being a true inovator and American, Ditto to the many wonderful quotes by followes. Heaven will be a wonderful place with Wheel Horses. I am sure the angles above will enjoy them. Rest in peace, blessings and prayers to those you have left behind. God speed.

Buzz

This is my favorite picture of him. He was amazed when we lined up virtually every model he made. Look at that smile, he was like a little kid in a candy store.

cecil.jpg

• Like 7

Brrly1

Rest in Peace Mr. Pond

Ken B

Good bye Mr. Pond. Your legend will live on for many many yrs. to come.

Will G

Very sad news. May you rest in peace Mr. Pond.