Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

A little fun with old pictures

rmaynard

I was going through some old pictures with my family over the Christmas weekend, and we found this picture of me at age 7, taken in 1957. It is the first picture that I know of, of me using a piece of lawn or garden power equipment on my own. As you can see, I have my Radio Super wagon attached to the back of a David Bradley? with a sickle bar.

post-2221-0-22559100-1325074160_thumb.jp

Let's see the oldest picture that you can find of YOU and your first solo with powered lawn or garden equipment.

• Like 2

stevebo

That is a sweet picture Bob !! Great topic too! Just wish I had some old pics...

71_Bronco

Nice pic :handgestures-thumbupright:

Unfortunately, my brother gets all the fun with my dad's Kabota, so no pics of me operating that.

Although... if I do remember correctly, I think there is a pic of me or my brother, when we were a baby, on the seat of my dad's old 312-8. Gonna have to find that pic now LOL

Jake Kuhn

Very cool,The oldest pic of me on a lawn and garden machine was only about 5 years ago so It is not very exciting,Jake

stevasaurus

That is a really cool pick Bob...thanks for sharing. I've got a ton of old photos, unfortunately they are of scouts, vacations, Christmas's, etc. My brother and I have mowed the lawn since we were 7, but no one ever thought to take a picture of it. What was every one thinking. I might be able to find a picture of me brother and me after we chased the dog through the lime pit by our house on Easter with our new clothes on. Not one of those great memories.

Vinylguy

Very cool topic Bob. I am going down to moms and see if she has an old pic of me on my dads old cub cadet.

I can see everyone digging through their old photo albums now.

squonk

My avatar. First solo on the 604! :)

Rooster

24066_332295797810_665062810_4067957_890465_n.jpg

How about my Grandsons first time working on an engine?

10 seconds later he smacked me square in the nose with the Wrench and made Pa Pa cry...

TIP OF THE DAY: 9/16 WRENCH TO THE TIP OF THE NOSE STARTS THE WATER WORKS IMMEDIATELY!

• Like 3

Vinylguy

That is an awesome picture Rooster.

stevasaurus

Excellent picture Rooster. :) That nose is probably a 7/8" after that.

AMC RULES

Getting some good milage out of this pict lately, but I thought it applied to this thread too.

CIMG5770.jpg

Yes sir, that little guy is me(gotta be circa '64 because I'm a late '63 model)sitting there on my Grandfather's knee.

Ned Arden Cole was, and is still the most powerful piece of farm equipment I've ever known. :bow-blue:

• Like 3

chesbaycruiser

There's no photos of me as a youngster on any machinery that I know of....so how about one of my wife instead. She's about 3 years old here, on her family's farm in Suffolk, VA. I have no idea what type of tractor this is, but I know that as a teenager she learned to drive it before they let her behind the wheel of a car!

annontractor.jpg

• Like 1

rmaynard

Great picture Chris. Looking at the shifter, seat spring, three foot pedals, and steering support, I'd guess it's a 1948 Farmall Cub.

By the way, that is what I learned to drive on myself.

• Like 1

clintonnut

All I can offer is Bob's walk behind has a clinton.....

I do have this though....My older cousins and me on a 9N:

967db0ac.jpg

Charlie

• Like 1

rmaynard

That's great Charlie.

wheelhorse656

Great picture Chris. Looking at the shifter, seat spring, three foot pedals, and steering support, I'd guess it's a 1948 Farmall Cub.

Yep its a farmall cub just like my grandpas 1950.

VinsRJ

Not tractor but cerca 1994ish.... prior to my tractor love.

post-1597-0-86989200-1325640759_thumb.jp

Redbirdman

well,about 1965 sorry about the green

EGCon110in65-1.jpg

and then about 1968... it is me and my daughter who is now almost 50 years old! (holy crap!) on a Jacobsen I just repainted... wow, I forgot i used to have hair!

KCanddadonJAC2-2.jpg

and this is her daughter 25 years later....

britrj-1.jpg

she is now 23 yo

and my grandson about 10 years ago

EGCandMJC0n212-1.jpg

the same dude now

christmas2010038.jpg

love it......life goes on!

Redbirdman

• Like 3

rmaynard

Here's an earlier one of me getting into the tractor thing. I think this it was taken in 1953 when I was three. That's me steering, and my older brother hanging on for dear life. I don't have a clue what kind of tractor it is.

30ba51cd.jpg

Here's another one of me on the back of a grader of some type. That's my dad supervising. This picture was taken in 1954. Meanwhile, back in South Bend, Indiana, a couple of guys named Pond were working on something to be sold the following year called a Ride-Away-Jr.. I think that may have been a better fit for me.

995ad905.jpg

CasualObserver

Bob, that grader looks to be an Allis Chalmers Speed Patrol. My FIL had one for many years, sold it just a couple years back.

wheelhorse656

jason thats was i was thinking too....... Love seening all these old pictures

Vinylguy

Could not find the picture I was wanting but found this picture from 1959 or 60 on my first horse.

His name was silver and he was an awesome horse. He worked hard for us kids. Helped deliver news papers and pulled all the towns kids on a sled when the snow flew.

Maybe I should have posted this somewhere else but it is an old photo of a horse.

gallery_74_25_12305.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I gotta admit, I do love me some ol' family photos. :handgestures-salute:

rmaynard

Could not find the picture I was wanting but found this picture from 1959 or 60 on my first horse.

His name was silver and he was an awesome horse. He worked hard for us kids. Helped deliver news papers and pulled all the towns kids on a sled when the snow flew.

Maybe I should have posted this somewhere else but it is an old photo of a horse.

gallery_74_25_12305.jpg

A horse is a horse, of course of course...

That is a fine piece of lawn & garden equipment Terry. He even has a Wheel Horse red ribbon on his bridle.