Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

HEY DUKE!

illinilefttackle

:whistle: Duke-I visted your website-you did a good job. I am currently rebuilding a K-301 for my wheelhorse C-125. Boring, the whole nine yards. I think it is adviseable for me to run Dino oil-30 weight-until things settle down and the rings seat well. But then-contrary to some opinions ,I want to use Amsoil synthetic in the engine. What weight do you reccomend? I use it both winter and summer.

My son is the chief Design engineer for engines at Rolls-Royce Indianapolis,He runs Synthetic in every thing he has-as does Rolls-Royce. He wouldn't think of using anything else. Good enough for me.

I will apreciate anything you can recommend-Thanks-AL :WRS:

linen beige

My son is the chief Design engineer for engines at Rolls-Royce Indianapolis

Small world. I have a neice working there as an engineer. I beleive her husbad works there as well.

HorseFixer

:whistle: Duke-I visted your website-you did a good job. I am currently rebuilding a K-301 for my wheelhorse C-125. Boring, the whole nine yards. I think it is adviseable for me to run Dino oil-30 weight-until things settle down and the rings seat well. But then-contrary to some opinions ,I want to use Amsoil synthetic in the engine. What weight do you reccomend? I use it both winter and summer.

My son is the chief Design engineer for engines at Rolls-Royce Indianapolis,He runs Synthetic in every thing he has-as does Rolls-Royce. He wouldn't think of using anything else. Good enough for me.

I will apreciate anything you can recommend-Thanks-AL :D

Al the controversy on this subject will go on forever! :WRS:AMSOIL says not!!! You do-not have to wait and useAMSOIL oil for break in. And with all the research I have done, I don't believe so either. But the main thing is you have to feel comfortable. If you are going to use Dino oil or any oil for that matter the key would be to change often during the break in period many of our tractors don't have filtration and the Engines life existence is resting on the oil. I would recommend our Four Stroke Oil it is 10 w 30 / Sae 30 weight and is an excellent choice and is what I use in all my tractors thats the first thing I do when bringing one home On a really NASTY tractor I drain the oil a second time and refill because the synthetics will clean the sludge out and I don't want it in my engine.

I just had a brand new JASPER ENGINE put in my Jeep last fall I broke my engine in on Dino Oil for the first 1000 miles and purchased a case of oil and two extra AMSOIL filters I changed the oil 250 500 then switched to AMSOIL at 1000 miles it wasn't because I didn't think AMSOIL couldn't take the break in it was because I didn't want to flush $6.00 a qt oil down the drain!

Gee even I don't like wasting money! :dunno: Since the whole Idea is to make out tractors / Equipment / and Vehicles last longer the main thing is using a premium %100 Synthetic Oil like AMSOIL for the duration of the life of your equipment or vehicle. Beware of many companies that claim to be %100 synthetic like Castro and Mobil "THERE NOT" many are just CRACKED petroleum Dino oil witch is better than Reg Dino but don't hold a candle to 100% pure synthetics like AMSOIL Bro if you have anymore questions throw um my way thats what I'm here for! If you need any oil Al lemme know I Have 4 stroke in stock come over later today Im cookin Ribs Ya may get a sample! Ya can also reach me on my website or call me voice #'s on my webpage also Cheers :D :D Duke

illinilefttackle

Small world. I have a neice working there as an engineer. I beleive her husbad works there as well.

:WRS: Hey Jim! Really is a small world I guess! All the employees of Rolls- just recieved a bulletin of the First flight of the F-35B-(its Stoval version-production model) i'm sure all of them are proud. My son designed the clutch& mechanisum that allows the Lift Fan to get its power from the Jet engine for lift-he calls it his "baby".

Rolls seems like a good company to work for-I still remember when it was called Allison Gas Turbine. Lots of good folks working there-AL :whistle:

F-35B.jpg

HorseFixer

:D Hey Jim! Really is a small world I guess! All the employees of Rolls- just recieved a bulletin of the First flight of the F-35B-(its Stoval version-production model) i'm sure all of them are proud. My son designed the clutch& mechanisum that allows the Lift Fan to get its power from the Jet engine for lift-he calls it his "baby".

Rolls seems like a good company to work for-I still remember when it was called Allison Gas Turbine. Lots of good folks working there-AL :whistle:

F-35B.jpg

Funny you should mention that! Al........ Wait a second I know another AL!!! :dunno:

History

See the A.J. Amatuzio Video Clips (Flash Player Required) Watch The Video Here

As a jet fighter squadron commander LIEUTENANT COLONEL ALBERT J. AMATUZIO had ample opportunity to witness synthetic lubricants in action. These oils are used exclusively in jet engines because of three extraordinary performance characteristics: an ability to reduce friction and wear on engine components, an ability to function dependably at severe temperature extremes and an ability to withstand rigorous and lengthy engine operation without chemical breakdown.

Recognizing that these same benefits would prove invaluable in combustion engines, Al Amatuzio formulated the first synthetic motor oil in the world to meet API service requirements for automobile engines. The new lubricant performed like no other before it. When the first can of AMSOIL 10W-40 appeared on the market in 1972, it signaled the birth of an entire industry. AMSOIL synthetic lubricants have expanded the boundaries of lubrication science and redefined the performance possibilities of modern machinery and engines.

AMSOIL INC. was founded on Al Amatuzios desire for technical innovation, his commitment to high quality and his belief that consumers would respond to a superior product. The company has remained true to these ideals; its history is a checklist of revolutionary products that have withstood the tests of time. As the pioneer corporation in the field of synthetic lubrication, AMSOIL sees its Commitment to Excellence as a historical responsibility, and A.J. Amatuzios energy and vision continue to drive the company forward. ...inspired by aerospace technology

Al Amatuzio's induction to the Lubricants World Hall of Fame is the ultimate tribute to the man who started it all. He is firmly established among the giants who have shaped the industry. Al Amatuzio's desire for technical innovation, his commitment to higher quality and his belief that consumers respond to superior products remain the core of the AMSOIL philosophy.

AMSOIL Today

Under the leadership of President Albert J. Amatuzio, along with Alan Amatuzio, Executive Vice President and COO, and Dean Alexander, Executive Vice President and General Manager, AMSOIL remains the leader in synthetic lubrication technology.

Maybe our tractors arent Jet Aircraft :D But I would like to think that they are a presision made piece of equipment that deserve the best lubrication available! :WRS:

Cheers Duke :D

Brrly1

Hello Duke Hope everyone is well, We at Ohio Concrete Sawing have been using AMSOIL for the last ten years. We have run over 500 hrs on my concrete saw running a duetz diesel 72 hp turbo charged.There is now over 1250 hrs on this saw without any problems. My truck we have just changed the oil with 35,000 on this change and we sent a sample in and they told us it could easily go another 15,000 miles. I myself believe in AMSOIL as I run it in my pickup and also in my Dad's GT14 which doesn't see a whole lot of work but tilling in the spring. Its a great oil,Have a Great Day Burly :whistle:

HorseFixer

Hello Duke Hope everyone is well, We at Ohio Concrete Sawing have been using AMSOIL for the last ten years. We have run over 500 hrs on my concrete saw running a duetz diesel 72 hp turbo charged.There is now over 1250 hrs on this saw without any problems. My truck we have just changed the oil with 35,000 on this change and we sent a sample in and they told us it could easily go another 15,000 miles. I myself believe in AMSOIL as I run it in my pickup and also in my Dad's GT14 which doesn't see a whole lot of work but tilling in the spring. Its a great oil,Have a Great Day Burly :WRS:

Hey John whats up? Glad to hear you have had good experiances with AMSOIL. We have 10 Harleys at the Berrien County Sheriffs Dept where I work. As you know Harleys are air cooled. and they depend on good lubrication. They were useing Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle Oil! :whistle: We were using them in parades in the dead of summer ideling through the parades. They were overheating and having detination and just plain running like crap. The Undersheriff had our motor pool order a few cases of AMSOIL and changed out all the oil to AMSOIL That took care of the problem, no more overheating and they run smooth now. :D

Cheers! :D Duke

Curmudgeon

Boring, the whole nine yards. I think it is adviseable for me to run Dino oil-30 weight-until things settle down and the rings seat well. But then-contrary to some opinions ,I want to use Amsoil synthetic in the engine.

:whistle::WRS::D:D:dunno::D

LOL

HorseFixer

:whistle::WRS::D:D:dunno::D

LOL

Dale you aren't just whisteling DIXIE are you!!! :D:D:):D

Duke

Curmudgeon

LOL

Dale you aren't just whisteling DIXIE are you!!! :):D:D:D

Duke

glenn27

:D:D:dunno::D:D:D

LOL

:whistle:

I believe you might be just messin' w/ someone a little---right, Big guy??

:WRS:

And also consider your rear tires going to be mounted and used down in Virginia this weekend....Thanks-again!

glenn

HorseFixer

He's not messing with anyone... He loves the stuff! I have pictures to prove it! :whistle:

2008WHSHOW488.jpg

2008WHSHOW487.jpg

Curmudgeon

oh man.... B):whistle:B)B)B):banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead: