grnlark

Another Lambert Squire Applegate

grnlark

I sold one of these several years ago and for some reason regretted it. :) Well, I stumbled across another one and of course had to grab it. It's totally original even with the electric start Techy. Just for kicks I threw a set of extra 23x8.5x12's I had on it and when I stood back I was like, wow that almost looks mean. Not sure what the long term plan is, but short term enjoyment at least.

post-2562-0-14940100-1325015572_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-53681000-1325015579_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-27927800-1325015586_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-75289200-1325015606_thumb.jp

dclarke

I've never heard of this make before but I like the looks of the rear fenders and it looks good with those ags. :thumbs:

71_Bronco

man, that looks cool for sure.

Would look super mean if you threw some super fat tires on it, and then welded in a strip of metal in the middle to widen the rear fenders, kinda like the Baja style Bug's

Sparky

I like how the rear ag's fit snugly under the fenders. Neat lookin machine.

Mike.......

AMC RULES

:teasing-poke: Looks like another one of those rat rod tractors.

:dunno: What color was it originally, am I seeing the model number correctly, 666? :music-deathmetal:

Shuboxlover

DOES THAT SAY........666 on the Hood???? :angry-devil::omg: :jaw:

fireman

Matt you seem to find all the odd off brand tractors! Very Nice!

VinsRJ

The funny thing is this is my brother's 2nd Lambert Squire......

Ken B

That is super cool looking. Does the Techy run and any attachments?

grnlark

:teasing-poke: Looks like another one of those rat rod tractors.

:dunno: What color was it originally, am I seeing the model number correctly, 666? :music-deathmetal:

They were originally gray and white. A fully gray gut and white rear fenders. Kind of an ugly color combo if you ask me. And yes, it's a model 666. lol

That is super cool looking. Does the Techy run and any attachments?

No attachments...

The guy has been on the Lambert forum for a while and I know he had it running and took it to a few shows this summer. He said it kinda sputtered and then died and he couldn't get it started after that. I suspect it's a carb issue.

grnlark

The other thing that's pretty cool is that they ran a Borg Warner T-92 3-speed trans just turned sideways and It's chain driven to a sprocket on the rear axle.

Jake Kuhn

Wow that is very cool! :bow-blue:

shallowwatersailor

Nice find. I agree about the fenders and tires. Interesting use of the T-92 which was also saw use in Crosleys. In the future, will some manufacturer use the Smart Car trans?

stevebo

Your garage is starting to look like a seen from Rudolph and the land of the misfit toys..... (kidding).. You find the real oddball stuff !!

marvairplanes

grnlark...

Your LAMBERT and my FARMETTE look like they might be "related" ?????

FarmetteTractoretc003-1.jpg

Marv

grnlark

grnlark...

Your LAMBERT and my FARMETTE look like they might be "related" ?????

Marv

I'm almost positive they are. It's my understanding that at some point they either merged or split, but info is very limited. I do know that Lambert built the model 666 garden tractor as their standalone machine, and also re-badged it under the Squire Applegate name to sell in department stores. From what I've found so far, the Farmette's and Lamberts were red and the Squire Applegates were gray and white.

The Borg Warner T-92 wasn't on all of them though. I don't have any clue on the differentiation there. Maybe years??? Who knows. There is a Lambert Garden tractor group on Yahoo that started not too long ago. It's not incredibly useful at the moment, but at least its a place to connect with others if needed.

speedyleedy

:) :) that is one sweet ride ! :bow-blue:

IthacaJeff

I believe Squire Applegate was the name used by Agway for their rebadged products. I have

an early/mid 1970's front tine tiller with the Squire Applegate name on it. I'm 99% sure it was

orginally purchased at an Agway store. It is nearly identical to an MTD tiller I have for parts

(BTW, they are for sale for $30 for both; the Squire is complete but does not run).They are

heavy duty units for sure.

Jeff

grnlark

I believe Squire Applegate was the name used by Agway for their rebadged products. I have

an early/mid 1970's front tine tiller with the Squire Applegate name on it. I'm 99% sure it was

orginally purchased at an Agway store. It is nearly identical to an MTD tiller I have for parts

(BTW, they are for sale for $30 for both; the Squire is complete but does not run).They are

heavy duty units for sure.

Jeff

THATS IT!!!! You're absolutely right. It WAS Agway. I've been racking my brain trying to remember exactly what the heck Squire Applegate was from. You're the man!!!!

grnlark

A quick carb disassembly and plug cleaning and BAM! The H60 fired right up. WOO HOO!

http://youtu.be/dDJ7edZ8IrA

Sparky

Sound real nice! Did you take it for a spin? Does the rest of the drivetrain work correctly?

Mike...........

grnlark

Sound real nice! Did you take it for a spin? Does the rest of the drivetrain work correctly?

Mike...........

Yeah, I drove it around. All the gears shift nice and its actually pretty tight. Naturally theres some general maintenance needed here and there, but all in all I was very happy with the results. The electric starter seems to be a bit finicky. You have to tap it lightly with a hammer to get it to spin..... interesting....

Martin

i think thats an awesome looking tractor. love the nice flowing dash tower area and rear fenders.

fireman

Sounds real good Matt! How about a video of it driving?

grnlark

Sounds real good Matt! How about a video of it driving?

Ask and you shall recieve! Not sure what happened to the sound though.....