Sign in to follow this  
feather20a

UK/SWEDEN Newbie

feather20a

Hello, this is my first post. Last year I rebuilt a JD LX178 and took it to my house in Sweden. This year in the UK I purchased a WH C125. Got it together to use at work for tugging stuff around. Then came across a collection of 6 WH tractors just 500yds from my house in the UK, the collector sadly deceased. Well I took anything that was painted red in the garden! Some impliments and spares. Hooked now. so I need some info on 3 of the tractors as I can't identifiy them. I will endeavour to put photos with this post. Bear with me.

post-5675-0-36694500-1325008948.jpgpost-5675-0-98734400-1325009016.jpg This model has no ID plate

post-5675-0-86787000-1325009129.jpgpost-5675-0-18427400-1325009157.jpg these models have" Europa 8speed" on the sides. Both with Kohler Magnums.

post-5675-0-62204900-1325009261.jpgpost-5675-0-23762500-1325009287.jpg This model 14hp, longer and cast front. (with plastic tank behind -which I need renewing) I think 4 speed gear box. Id plate reads model 1 0502 8 then 917361 although not very clear.

other models in the collection were C141 and 12 auto ( presume it's a Charger)

Any info appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Välkommen!!

Sparky

:WRS:

The first one in your pics is probably a 1978-1979 C-121 or C-141 auto. The plate where the model # would be is missing on yours so the only way to tell would be by the engine size if its the original engine. The middle pair are 300 or 400 series machines and I'm leaning towards 300 series because of the 6" front rims. Probably a 310-8 or 312-8 is my guess. The last one is a GT-14 and would have started out life as a hydro transmission machine with hydraulic lift and not a 4 speed.

Mike..........

• Like 1

feather20a

Thanks Mike ,

First one Has a K301 s Serial no 8344451 Which tells me 1979 I think, 12hp

Second 2 . Whats the difference between 300 and 400 series? both mine are M12s engines.

Third one I like alot. Shame it seems it is not original. This one I'm unsure about all the pedal/ brake connections( not much on tractor just a load of bits of metal in a box., Have to get an illustration/manual.

Seasons greetings.

Sparky

Thanks Mike ,

Second 2 . Whats the difference between 300 and 400 series? both mine are M12s engines.

The 400 series smallest engine was a 14hp so what you have are 312-8's. Not a lot of differences between 300's and 400's. The 300's came with smaller 6" front rims and 400's came with 8" front rims unless the 400 was sold with a 37"side discharge deck. The 300's often had a 4 pinion transaxle with 1" axles while the 400 would of came with an 8 pinion with 1-1/8" axles.

This info is based on how it is over here in the states. The European machines are often different than they are over here.

Mike...........

AMC RULES

feather20a

Thanks Mike ,

The 400 series smallest engine was a 14hp so what you have are 312-8's. Not a lot of differences between 300's and 400's. The 300's came with smaller 6" front rims and 400's came with 8" front rims unless the 400 was sold with a 37"side discharge deck. The 300's often had a 4 pinion transaxle with 1" axles while the 400 would of came with an 8 pinion with 1-1/8" axles.

This info is based on how it is over here in the states. The European machines are often different than they are over here.

Mike...........

Thanks again.

One other queiry I have . The C141 and the 12 auto are both made in Belgium. When I go to get manual/ info from toro website , it doesn't regonise the serial numbers. Is there a list available to cross check the details.

farmer

:WRS: Looks like you've jumped right in, nice 'round up'.

meadowfield

welcome to the club! looks like you have quite a collection...

The Belgian models often change one of the digits to confuse things, try looking at the extensive model list on the other wheelhorse forum. Then match a close number and use what you know of the model no itself and the engine ID.

My 79' C-101 does not show on the site, but if I change a digit I can use the US parts manuals, etc. My brother 72' Raider 10 shows as a Raider 14...

have fun!

mark

neil

welcome to Eurohorse youve found the best place on the internet for all your wheelhorse information and there are plenty of people here to help if you require it.

Zeek

Välkommen ombord! Fin samling!

Anglo Traction

Hi and :WRS: , Nice find(s) !. They should keep you busy if you plan to refurb some or all to their former glory as Workers. It's always difficult to I.D. them when they are not in original spec

A plentiful fountain of knowledge, experience and assistance will be found from the Members here on this Site (if you need it).

Regards

Mith

Hi Feather,

nice to have you on the forum. I'm from Hampshire too, are you north, south...?

Interesting that one has a number plate on it, did you get the V5 etc?

If not you can apply for it. The V5 will tell you model number etc. Looks to be 300 series anyway.

If you are local I could probably tell you.

VinsRJ

wheeledhorseman

Rather late but :text-welcomeconfetti: to RedSquare. I joined less than a year ago and have found it a great place to share ideas, pick other peoples brains, and generally make new cyber friends.

Hmm, and that makes three of us in Hampshire, a few more and we could form a club ! :beer:

Andy