Sign in to follow this  
droptopcop

rj35 lives again

droptopcop

well after 20 years put my tractor back together, thanks to this site i was able to find needed parts for assembly, starts in half pull and runs smooth, hard to believe it runs so good, i used auto. engine paint on the engine and its off a shade so i think i'll pull engine out and recoat with the paint i used on the rest of the tractor (now that i know its running and adjusted) then i'll put the clinton decal on it. i'll be looking for a recoil eventually but right now the rope works fine. also i made up the stop switch with some things i had in my garage and may change that someday. pulled it out this morning for some photos. thanks for everyones help and the nice comments on my previous post maybe i'll see some of you at some old tractor event. bob.post-5718-0-32061400-1324747032_thumb.jp

• Like 3

droptopcop

2nd pic

1 more

post-5718-0-63412300-1324747403_thumb.jp

post-5718-0-33613800-1324747573_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Or...I could take it off your hands as is, and you wouldn't have to change anything. :dunno:

Looks real nice Bob. :WRS::text-merryxmas:

Kelly

Very nice looking, remember I run a WH show here in MI in aug. that would look good at the show.

TT

Beautiful 35! :bow-blue:

wheelhorse656

Now that is one Butiful tractor!!! You did a great job!!!

rj35hunter

Bob, tractor looks great! The 55 model RJ35 is "in my opinion" the best looking tractor wheel horse ever made. Yours is very complete down to the original schenuit front wheels & tires too. Good luck on finding a recoil for it. Keep us posted.

Clay

stevebo

It really looks awesome !! Could you give us some history of how long you owned it etc??

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: That looks great! If you come to Kelly's show in Charlotte I really look forward to seeing it,Jake

JimD

Well done, a showpiece for sure!! :handgestures-thumbup:

btrrg1969

looks like new money , very nice

droptopcop

wow, thanks for all the kind words, around 1975 i was at friends house hangin out when his mom walked outside and started tellin him to clean out the garage and all of it! i seen that rj sittin in the corner and said that too? she said you want it take it, not really knowing what it was (i just thought it was the coolest thing) i took it home got it runnin, my dad would hook a wagon behind it and ride the little kids around the yard , i do have some old photos but i'll have to dig them up, i guess maybe i should have left it original but anyway about 15 years ago i had this idea to repaint it, well i just got the hood, seat, and gas tank back 2 months (unfinished) and decided to try to finish it up and thats when i found this site and found out just what i had and there are other people like me out there that like these old tractors too. i was at a party and talked to my friend about a month ago he could not believe i still had it, he said his dad bought it new or close to it and used it up north at his cabin to haul trees out back for firewood that why he has no attachments, he said he was 6 years old (1963) and drove it around all the time and did remember it had a oil bath air filter but didn't know what happen to it and that was one thing i was missing, charlie pitcher hooked me up with a new one. from what i figure its a early 55 (fuel tank mounted on frame) early engine number 1200-152. this clinton has been sittin for a very long time and i had my doubts, but i have to say this engine has never been rebuilt and run like a top w/no smoke. i'm happy its back in 1 piece again and hangin around here i just hope i don't get this wheelhorse bug like some of you guys or this is going to get expensive! lol bob.

• Like 2

Duff

......and hangin around here i just hope i don't get this wheelhorse bug like some of you guys or this is going to get expensive! lol bob.

I don't know how to break this to you gently, Bob , so I'll just say it....you've probably already got the bug!

Very nice machine you have there - it needs company!

~Duff

AMC RULES

Yep, it kinda sounds like you're just now coming to the realization that you've had the bug for a long time Bob. :law-policered:

can whlvr

very nice and good to see another classic back in action :notworthy:

Ken B

You did a real nice job, she looks great!

stevebo

Bob,

This one may have been made at the veyr same time as yours.. This too is an early 55 that I restored and brought to the show in PA last year. IMG_6279.jpg

droptopcop

stevebo, nice machine what kind of recoil is that? is it original ? theres a clinton engine for sale in my area that has a recoil that looks like that but i thought it was a later model. did you have to modify anything to fit? bob.

stevebo

This engine is not original to this tractor. It is a 1290 dressed up like a 1200 (even the id tag), Charlie Pitcher did this engine over 100% and it runs perfect. I would reach out to Charlie for some help. I am learning more about these Clintons but he is the one or you can contact VinsRJ too as he is pretty good with them too.

droptopcop

ok thanks, bob.

VinsRJ

Very nice RJ! Clintons are a nice motor and Charlie has a wealth of knowledge and parts.