Sign in to follow this  
485DEERE

The largest collection in the state?

Wheel Horse Kid

He is willing to sell parts or whole tractors. Problem is he knows what each thing is worth and they may be a little more important to him than they would to us. I know he hauled a big load (5 semi trailers full) from N.W. Indiana and is working on another deal farther down south near the Indy area. Rumor also has it that he clears a good chunk of change each month on reselling items. Much more than any of us on this forum could dream of or make in a year at our normal jobs.

Nice guy, but yes a little different. I know of a friend who pulled out a mostly complete 701 out of there in the past year. He has everything from RJ's on up to the newer models. He doesn't just dabble in the Horse's, he has some really rare tractors sitting out there. It is a shame they are all outside, but I guess some people think...............he with the most toys wins! He is well on his way!

Well, at least he sells some of them. That is good. It is just a really sad thing that those tractors are being treated that way. Those tractors are irreplaceable. Just seems really selfish on his part to me to buy all those tractors and then just let them rot away. Just my opinion.

485DEERE

Yeah, He is a nice Guy. Every Auction in the area with some Lawn &Garden items. He will be there.He hauled 2 loads from My auction a few years back, with at least a 26' 5th wheel trailer.Always wished I would have taken pictures of his loads going out the driveway.

Ron I thought Branch worked for a big auction outfit down there in Whitley county?

Sad thing is.....one day it is all gonna wind up at the dump. If he doesn't have permission from the town or all of the proper permits we'll probably see him on the T.V. show Hoarders some day. I hope he is ultra friendly with his neighbors because all it takes is one disgruntled neighbor or one that is trying to sell their house, or the dreaded tree hugger to file a complaint.

If I were closer I'd love to spend a few days wandering around, that is for sure!

He had or has a smaller yard off SR5, not sure if it's still there, but I know he was under pressure at one point to clean it up.

Most of his stuffs at the family farm now, you'd have to fly over to see it without being invited.

I was given his PH# by a friend & bought some items at the SR5 location, never been to his place.

Like Scott mentioned he's not in a hurry to sell anything, so don't expect any deals (ebay may be cheaper)....the more you deal with him the better he'll work with you too.

he works for a local farmer down there. there is still some stuff @ the corner on SR5, the house and building are full. the majority of the stuff is 2 miles southeast of there. he owns/uses several buildings in the area that are packed full. one of the barns that is full looks like it is one good storm/wind away from blowing down. it was clear full of john deere stuff.

520HC

The last time I talked to him was this summer at a Plowday by So Whitley.He works for Tom Farms.Several years ago He had 4 or 5 4 wheel Wheel Horse Wagons.I have never been to his place,just past it a few times.

Brrly1

Ok does somebody have a name and address where somebody can go visit. I was talking with Carl yesterday. He mentioned that he one day would not mind taking a road trip over to see him. He is thinking that he has heard about this person before and would like to take a trip.