Sign in to follow this  
485DEERE

The largest collection in the state?

485DEERE

well i think i stumbled across the largest tractor collection or hoard, if you will, in the entire state. i have heard about this fella for some time, but seeing is believing. well over 1500+ tractors. the sad part is this, i would say 75% of them ran when parked, many of them are stored indoors, but the majority of them are rotting away outside. 90% of them are wheelhorse,cub,deere,and simplicity. many very nice suburbans, 500 & 700 series rotting away. i saw a really nice 520H with a tiller,deck and blower, just setting in the weeds rotting away. this guy could care less if he sells anything either.he is definately a collector, but i don't see the point in letting rot away,o rat least selling parts off of them. if you are ever in whitley county, indiana, drop me a pm, and we will see if we can catch up to this guy.

KC9KAS

What, no pictures of this sinner?

485DEERE

sorry, there will be cameras on this property, not now, not ever............per the owner

520HC

His first name does'nt happen to be Branch, does it?

• Like 1

whfan74

I am sure it is Ron. Nice collection but tough to see them that way.

• Like 1

Rollerman

Thats who I was thinking of as I was reading this.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

A member here on the forum?

Sparky

So whats the real story? Is he a collector? A tinkerer? Or a parts seller? Or a hoarder :eusa-whistle: ?

Mike.........

DoctorHfuhruhurr

sorry, there will be cameras on this property, not now, not ever............per the owner

I bet that many are visible on Google Maps or Bing Maps in Aerial view.

Lane Ranger

It woulnd't be Ray Moore in Dublin, Indiana would it? On the west side of Cambridge City, Indiana north of U.S. 40 is a major lawn and garden tractor hoard owned by Ray Moore.

6wheeler

What? Hey, get outta my woods. No, wait. I don't just have garden tractors. That ain't junk. I'm gonna use that stuff, uh well, someday. I must need to plant more trees. Stop flying over my house. Anyway, his stuff is important. Sorry to see such "equipment" just sitting. But, I am just as guilty. I am lucky to have room for such foolishness and I don't have as much "stuff" as this person. But, I can see how he could do it. I am not a hoarder and I DO NOT need an intervention :snooty: . Look at this, I bet I can use this for something :woohoo: . You all have a great holiday"Politically correct"..... Pat

485DEERE

Thats who I was thinking of as I was reading this.

you guys must know who i am talking about? he is a little different, but an alright guy. i definatly believe he has a serious "hoard" going on there.i just do not see the point of it,it is such a waste. i could see it if he sold parts off of them,but very few of them were parts tractors when they were parked. sadly enough, setting out in the open, they are all destine to be parts tractors.

485DEERE

I bet that many are visible on Google Maps or Bing Maps in Aerial view.

2 of the 3 sights are visable by aerial view on google. you can only see there is alot of something there,not really tell what it is.

Michaelzz28

This does happen to be the place does it?

485DEERE

did not see that one, where is that picture from? it almost looks like the implement dealer south of S. Whitley on SR5?

Michaelzz28

it is north of dublin on dublin pike rd
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Seems like a BIG waste of great quality garden tractors to me. I mean, you gotta consider the fact that they just don't make them like that anymore. I think that the guy should at least sell the ones that he cannot keep under some kind of shelter, instead of just letting them sit out and rust/rot away. Sell them to someone who is actually gonna keep them in good shape.

whfan74

He is willing to sell parts or whole tractors. Problem is he knows what each thing is worth and they may be a little more important to him than they would to us. I know he hauled a big load (5 semi trailers full) from N.W. Indiana and is working on another deal farther down south near the Indy area. Rumor also has it that he clears a good chunk of change each month on reselling items. Much more than any of us on this forum could dream of or make in a year at our normal jobs.

Nice guy, but yes a little different. I know of a friend who pulled out a mostly complete 701 out of there in the past year. He has everything from RJ's on up to the newer models. He doesn't just dabble in the Horse's, he has some really rare tractors sitting out there. It is a shame they are all outside, but I guess some people think...............he with the most toys wins! He is well on his way!

Brrly1

Ok Scott, where is he located from your place?

485DEERE

He is willing to sell parts or whole tractors. Problem is he knows what each thing is worth and they may be a little more important to him than they would to us. I know he hauled a big load (5 semi trailers full) from N.W. Indiana and is working on another deal farther down south near the Indy area. Rumor also has it that he clears a good chunk of change each month on reselling items. Much more than any of us on this forum could dream of or make in a year at our normal jobs.

Nice guy, but yes a little different. I know of a friend who pulled out a mostly complete 701 out of there in the past year. He has everything from RJ's on up to the newer models. He doesn't just dabble in the Horse's, he has some really rare tractors sitting out there. It is a shame they are all outside, but I guess some people think...............he with the most toys wins! He is well on his way!

very well said, he is willing to sell some stuff for a price, but does not go out of his way to sell anything. he works a full time job, and judging by the amount of ope he has,he does not sell much of anything each month. if you look around, you can see tractors that were nice originals or even restored when parked. when they set outside,it does not take long. i know a guy that sold him a really nice, near new cond., tractor, he hauled it out to the farm, backed it off the trailer, it is still setting there in the weeds.

whfan74

John,

He is about 20 minutes southeast from me.

520HC

Yeah, He is a nice Guy. Every Auction in the area with some Lawn &Garden items. He will be there.He hauled 2 loads from My auction a few years back, with at least a 26' 5th wheel trailer.Always wished I would have taken pictures of his loads going out the driveway.

Shuboxlover

Can someone post a link from google maps just so I can see it?

Ken B

Sad thing is.....one day it is all gonna wind up at the dump. If he doesn't have permission from the town or all of the proper permits we'll probably see him on the T.V. show Hoarders some day. I hope he is ultra friendly with his neighbors because all it takes is one disgruntled neighbor or one that is trying to sell their house, or the dreaded tree hugger to file a complaint.

If I were closer I'd love to spend a few days wandering around, that is for sure!

Rollerman

Yeah, He is a nice Guy. Every Auction in the area with some Lawn &Garden items. He will be there.He hauled 2 loads from My auction a few years back, with at least a 26' 5th wheel trailer.Always wished I would have taken pictures of his loads going out the driveway.

Ron I thought Branch worked for a big auction outfit down there in Whitley county?

Sad thing is.....one day it is all gonna wind up at the dump. If he doesn't have permission from the town or all of the proper permits we'll probably see him on the T.V. show Hoarders some day. I hope he is ultra friendly with his neighbors because all it takes is one disgruntled neighbor or one that is trying to sell their house, or the dreaded tree hugger to file a complaint.

If I were closer I'd love to spend a few days wandering around, that is for sure!

He had or has a smaller yard off SR5, not sure if it's still there, but I know he was under pressure at one point to clean it up.

Most of his stuffs at the family farm now, you'd have to fly over to see it without being invited.

I was given his PH# by a friend & bought some items at the SR5 location, never been to his place.

Like Scott mentioned he's not in a hurry to sell anything, so don't expect any deals (ebay may be cheaper)....the more you deal with him the better he'll work with you too.