Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Tractor Seat Stools

71_Bronco

Came across this nifty little thing on eBay tonight...

B54C6373.jpg

During the summer nights, when the guys hang out in the garage, we are all sitting on the bench, stools or leaning on stuff just BSing. I saw this and thought it would be a cool addition to the garage.

But then I got to thinking.... Why not ad a Wheel Horse touch to it?

So the I got to thinking. What about a small, 3 legged stool, with a flat top. Drill 2 holes in the top, and then attach a spring & seat like that off a RJ or Suburban? This way you get a little spring in the seat and it has a little Wheel Horse flare.

And during those cold winter nights (below freezing outside at the moment) we come into the basement and shoot pool with all the guys. Think the Wheel Horse stool would look pretty cool down there too.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Walmart has the one shown for 27 bucks, with free shipping to the store! Freakin awesome. Might just order that one with the nifty casters and all.

Redbirdman

Well, I admire your idea. But I have to tell you about a problem I see with it. Forty years ago, (or thereabouts) I was seduced into believing 'green and yellow' was the ultimate garden tractor. As a result I bought almost exactly the same 'ultimate seat' for sitting around the shop. It was green and yellow and had a nice logo cushion. But I never thought about my son. He was 10 then and almost 50 now. He decided it would be so very cool to show 'pop' he could coast down the drive-way while sitting on that cool seat. Of course, he blasted past the garage and continued down the hill at about 50 mph before plastering himself against the barn wall. I guess it cost about a thousand bucks by the time we fixed all his teeth and the broken bones. When we moved to Arizona 10 years ago I gave him that seat. Of course, he lives in a flat part of south Jersey now and there is no chance my grandson can do the same stupid thing. But it makes a good story to tell my grandson.

And why he should stay away from anything green and yellow!

ED

71_Bronco

LOL, nice story.

They come in like 8 different colors, including 2 shades of red (a wine red and a fire-engine red). The yellow was the first one I could find a picture of on google.

For 27 bucks, and free shipping to store, I am gonna order one. Plus the fact that I work literally 30 seconds from a Walmart lol. Reviews on it were great, and I think it would be such a cool stool to have around.