Sign in to follow this  
smoreau

1" axle seals were to buy

smoreau

I am looking for a place to get 1" axle seals for my 875. I herd napa can get them, but the nearest napa store is 45 min. away. I am looking for part # to replace WH 5958 or toro 100607. Any one have a good source to get these on line? I just don't want to make two trips to napa to order these and go back to pick them up if you know what I mean.

Martin

Scott,

I'm sure you could get them through motion industries but the shipping would be high. I think when I did my bearing/seals for my 1057 trans it was going to be around $9.00. So I ended up going to a branch close to work. You can look up the skf cross reference to get the part number by googling Chicago rawhide seal cross reference.

Edit: skf # 9878 is the pn for wh 100607

Trouty56

Napa is 1/2 hour from me...I call first to see if the parts are available. If not they usually get them quick.

NOS 9815 is the seal from NAPA....they were 5.24 a piece a year ago.

Shuboxlover

I just replaced mine...make sure you get three (1 for the brake shaft too) I called napa, gave them the number I needed, they ordered then and called me when they came in (2 days later) you'll have to pay a little shipping but it isn't bad, mine were the same price as Bob's

Kelly

I had a hard time finding seals for my sons B-100 auto, the hydro seals are not the same as the stick shift, Toro was no longer available, I did get them from a auto parts store, can't remember the part no, but they where the 1" seals not the 1 1/8" seals.

WH854

I am looking for a place to get 1" axle seals for my 875. I herd napa can get them, but the nearest napa store is 45 min. away. I am looking for part # to replace WH 5958 or toro 100607. Any one have a good source to get these on line? I just don't want to make two trips to napa to order these and go back to pick them up if you know what I mean.

9878 NAPA

Chas

Volfandt

Bringing back an old thread for additional info.

My 876 blew out one of the axle seals and through research I discovered this thread. I used the SKF cross ref for original seal #5958 which Toro crossed to #100607 and the SKF crossed to #9878 which I can get through NAPA. Thats great and thanks for the info but, in looking at the specs for the 9878 seal it doesn't appear to match the seal I pulled out of the 876 HST.

The seal I pulled out is much wide than 0.25

I'm going to attempt to attach a couple pics of the seal I pulled out. The replacement seal appears to be too thin and is constructed differently.

Theres a front and back shot of the original seal and a shot of the seal thats listed on NAPA's site.

Rekon napa's pic isnt a good representation -or- i shouldn;t woirry and go for it?

Thanks

Dave

post-402-0-27435000-1333228204.jpg

post-402-0-82086900-1333228232.jpg

post-402-0-00084500-1333228252.jpg

pfrederi

Newer seals always seem to be thinner than the originals from many years ago. On my old farm tractors there is enough room to put in 2 modern seals in place of one 50 yr old seal. (which I often do, better sealing and it can get the new seal lip riding on a different part of the shaft from where the old one wore a groove.

If the new seal is the correct OD and ID I wouldn't worry about the thickness.

smoreau

I found the seals in stock at the green tractor store, I also found all the correct bearings for my snow blower at 1/2 the price of TSC! the seals were the thicker kind and they also had the thin ones a little cheaper. went with the original thick ones.