Martin

here we go again... 1057's turn now.

dclarke

You need sun glasses to look at that Martin, no wonder you made the top of the hood black. Very, Very Nice! :bow-blue:

horsesaver98

:bow-blue: just send it over two me man u did an amazing job with that horse

neil

Thats two really good restprations that you have done now Martin , is there going to be anymore & are you going to invest on a round hood at anytime in the nr future

Martin

not sure whats next........

maybe one day a round hood, but theres still a bunch of neglected long hood mid sixties tractors that need some love too......

Trouty56

Martin.....there are no words that can describe the work you did on this tractor.... :) It is beautiful!!!

Martin

thanks for all the awesome comments, guys. like everything im learning by my mistakes, and with every build i learn how to do things a different or better way, or how not to do them the next time. might have a rest for a bit, theres still some things im not happy with, that could be changed for the better, and also, im going to spend a little time on the 1054 to get it good for the summer. the 1054s engine noise is hopefully getting dealt with now, and while the engines off, theres a few things that im going to change as well.....

i just want to mention that this build would not have turned out looking as good as it did if it wasnt for the efforts of terry with the 'black hood effects'.......

thanks, mate.....

Anglo Traction

Top Job Martin, Thanks for a Great Thread from Start to Running. It sounds as good as it looks and as has been said, The Matt Black panels give it an aire of subtle menace .

Take a break and get some seat time and enjoy it. You deserve it. :handgestures-thumbup:

bowtiebutler956

Thanks for letting me ride along thru this resto! I know I've said it before, but you do fantastic work. I should be painting the little Standard tomorrow, but I know it won't look as good as this 1057! Gorgeous! :bow-blue::thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Martin

well im still finishing up a few more things on the tractor. went to visit terry (vinylguy) this morning so we could work on some of the oddball decals i wanted. he didnt have a voltage regulator decal so we worked on getting one of them off a sample cover i had......

also we finished up the starter generator id tag. i wanted this on brushed aluminum sheet so i could just apply it to the generator without messing around with rivets and cleaning up the original plate etc.

also wanted the gear shift cover to have something different on there than the red so we did a brushed aluminum decal with a caution decal on it, sort of the 'hydro' cover look without the hydro......

the battery needed to have a more 'period' look to it instead of the napa decal on it. so we made up a 1967 delco battery one for it. i know its not a delco battery and its definitely not from 1967, but i managed to find a delco battery decal from the 1967-1969 gm models, and we worked with that. it had to be reduced in size and the fonts cleaned up a bit first, but i think it will look great on the battery in its spot on the tractor.

im getting the caution decal on the gear shift plate right now and soon as its dry, and trimmed i will snap a pic of it installed, same for the others. but for now heres them all together, thanks terry :thumbs: .....

IMG_0904.jpg

• Like 4

Martin

heres the decals installed......

shifter plate.....

gallery_4321_61_406135.jpg

engine spec plate...

minus rivets version....

gallery_4321_61_1877129.jpg

battery decal.....

gallery_4321_61_2669898.jpg

generator spec plate and regulator decals.......

gallery_4321_61_2546946.jpg

• Like 6

bowtiebutler956

:scared-eek: Wow, thats sharp!! Martin, you and Terry work great together! :text-datsphatyo: I know I've said this before, but I can't imagine that :wh: ever looked that good when it left the factory! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

farkin_Gary

What an excellent thread you created here. That's a beuatiful restoration. You have both inspired and terrorized me and my wallet. Bravo. :)

HorseFixer

Fantastic Tractor..... :thumbs2:

MARTINS10572_zps6aa16b41.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Love the Delco battery decal...that's hot. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hope Terry's made that one available for the rest of us too.

krazy_horse

This is got to be the nicest tractors that I have ever seen, some of you fellows amaze me at what you can do. My only hope is some of the tractors I have will turn out half as nice.

chris hall

love this tractor !!!!!! hope to own one someday.

Martin

thanks again, this was my next one after the 1054, this one has been catching my eye quite a lot in the garage lately, want to spend some time soon, maybe change a few things around, stuff that maybe i should have done to begin with.

skip150

Wow Martin Great pics!!!! And I thought I was fussy.Did most of My cleaning with a wire wheel.....LOOKS GREAT

Torino

You Superman!

Ironhorse1077

Wow. 

• Like 1