Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

1979 Wheel Horse C-81

Wheel Crazy

1979 C-81 with a 8hp Kohler and a 8 speed tranmission. I added my own touch with stickers from a different model on it along with lights up front. This is my first Wheel Horse, but it won't be my last. lol It got me hooked to the brand of Wheel Horse!! Let me know what you think! Thanks for looking! :)

IMG_4114.jpg

The B-115 I also have!

IMG_3994.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Crazy

hello!

Sparky

Next time it snow's clear the neighbors sidewalk with your WH (assuming you have a blower or plow attachment) and see what they think :eusa-think: .

Nice clean machine!

Mike..........

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::thumbs2: I am with Mike do you neighbor a favor and see what happens, some people who are not into this hobby do not understand what goes on with these tractors, they think they are noise makers and that is it, until they see how handy they are. Enjoy the ride Gary B.................

HorseDrawn

The neighbors don't like it when I drive my tractor on the sidewalk!!

Drive your truck down the sidewalk!!! Should help with there feelings about the tractors. :angry-argument:

Pollack Pete

Nice tractors.You're hooked.Just like Lays potato chips........ya can't stop with just one.Have fun with your toys.

SousaKerry

Nice tractor :WRS:I have a pair of the C-81's myself one is about to get a slight upgrade to 25HP the other unfortunately has donated itself to keep others alive.

Wheel Crazy

Next time it snow's clear the neighbors sidewalk with your WH (assuming you have a blower or plow attachment) and see what they think :eusa-think: .

Nice clean machine!

Mike..........

Thanks I really appreciate it!!! I have no attachments, just cruise up and down the sidewalk!!! lol I want to get a plow or a snow blower and make them think again!! lol

:USA::wh::thumbs2: I am with Mike do you neighbor a favor and see what happens, some people who are not into this hobby do not understand what goes on with these tractors, they think they are noise makers and that is it, until they see how handy they are. Enjoy the ride Gary B.................

Thanks Gary!! I will try to show them tractors can be helpful!!

The neighbors don't like it when I drive my tractor on the sidewalk!!

Drive your truck down the sidewalk!!! Should help with there feelings about the tractors. :angry-argument:

Hahaha that just made my day!!! lol

Nice tractors.You're hooked.Just like Lays potato chips........ya can't stop with just one.Have fun with your toys.

Thanks I really appreciate it!!! LOL They are just like potato chips!!!! lol

Nice tractor :WRS:I have a pair of the C-81's myself one is about to get a slight upgrade to 25HP the other unfortunately has donated itself to keep others alive.

Thanks!!! I appreciate it!!! Have any pictures of your C-81?

Wheel Crazy
christmaswheelhorse.jpg

Bassquack

I agree, you can't stop with just 1, I bought a 77 B-100 2 years ago for the purpose of a kick around feild mower. I work it to death in the spring and summer down here in Texas, no use for a snow blower, a plow would come in handy, I have recently added a 68 commando 8 which is under full frame off restoration. Yeah, I didnt stop on 1 either..Good Luck. buy an old lic. plate and just hang it on there, that will throw em off for a little bit so you can get in some "wheel" time..

Wheel Crazy

I agree, you can't stop with just 1, I bought a 77 B-100 2 years ago for the purpose of a kick around feild mower. I work it to death in the spring and summer down here in Texas, no use for a snow blower, a plow would come in handy, I have recently added a 68 commando 8 which is under full frame off restoration. Yeah, I didnt stop on 1 either..Good Luck. buy an old lic. plate and just hang it on there, that will throw em off for a little bit so you can get in some "wheel" time..

Yeah they are very addictive!! Thanks!! I might have to try that, I might have an old license plate laying around!! lol

wheelhorse656

NICE!!!! I love those black hoods!!!!! and 70s Square hoods!!!

Wheel Crazy

NICE!!!! I love those black hoods!!!!! and 70s Square hoods!!!

Thanks!!

Wheel Crazy

I got a new fuel pump and used permatex as gasket. The permatex didn't work, the fuel pump is still touching the block and shroud and leaking oil. So, I am gonna have to get some thick gasket material and make my own, so it won't touch anything and put more permatex on as back up! lol Here is a quick video of the tractor!

Dockfishin

You can get the gasket from toro for a very low price, if you have one local or can order from many places online I'm sure. the last one I needed I got from the john deere dealer down the road for less then a dollar, toro guy was closed.

I got a new fuel pumo and used permatex as gasket. The permatex didn't work, the fuel pump is still touching the block and shroud and leaking oil. So, I am gonna have to get some thick gasket material and make my own, so it won't touch anything and put more permatex on as back up! lol Here is a quick video of the tractor!

JackC

The C-81 is a great machine. The 8 horse is quiet, thrifty, and has plenty of power.

They do need good points and point adjustment, otherwise they do not run well.

I would have gone with the correct hood decals but I am a purist.

kpinnc

Yep, he's making videos. He's hooked.... :)

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

Here are some more pictures after I got it running!! Next is to replace the fuel line!! I also have a running video, but probably won't upload it until tomorrow!!

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

Wheel Crazy

It's also gonna get a new exhaust!!!

Wheel-N-It

Thats a good looking tractor you have. Sounds like you are really enjoying the fun of this hobby/passion. Its good to see another person keeping these old WheelHorses alive.

Jake Kuhn

I like it,what kind of exaust are you putting on her? Jake

Wheel Crazy

Thats a good looking tractor you have. Sounds like you are really enjoying the fun of this hobby/passion. Its good to see another person keeping these old WheelHorses alive.

Thanks I really appreciate it!! I love working on tractors and seeing how they work!! Once I finish this one up I will be off to the next Wheel Horse and fixing it! Hopefully my collection will grow!!!

I like it,what kind of exaust are you putting on her? Jake

Thanks!! Not sure yet? Where do you get your exhausts? Is that on on your 401 loud?

Wheel Crazy

I need help picking out an exhaust, looking for something cheap and will look good! Thanks!

ttodd

I have one for sale. 1 owner from new. $600.00. No attachments. Engine recently had a complete rebuild. Good seat and steering wheel. Runs great !!!  740-584-5442. Southeastern Ohio