Sign in to follow this  
steamfitter

lift spring assist

steamfitter

guys is there a pic showing where the assist spring attaches on a single stage blower

fourwheels0

sorry no pics but here's a description.

it should hook up to the flag at the end of the lift tube and go to the cross bar that's under the front of the foot board's.

the cross bar goes all the way across the tractor.hook it on there straight in front of the flag.

hope this helps.

Kelly

I don't have a pic, but it hooks to the flag in the end of the tube, you will need the flag with the bracket welded on, then put a eye bolt in the bracket hole, the spring hooks to the eye bolt, then the other end hooks around the front footrest bar under the tractor between the frame rails, you will want to hook that end first.

We must have been typing at the same time..

Edited by Kelly

steamfitter

thanks guys got it

mdntspec

here is a pic...

post-1045-0-63333500-1323306988.jpg

• Like 1

steamfitter

• thanks guys

shameless

where did you get the spring?

Is it an oem part or is there an aftermarket solution?

stevebo

Local hardware or auto stores have them. Just measure what you need.

floor-it

Hi,

I have a single stage 42" snow thrower and I use a spring assist also. The spring is from the a general hardware store. it is a Handyman Brand Spring SP-9629 for $5.00 The length =6.5" long. Detail Dimensions are 1.25" X 6.5" X .162" The capacity is 93.7 lbs which is perfect for the single stage thrower. The 6.5" spring length was also just right for adding an adjustment nut and stud.

• Like 1

shameless

Thanks stevebo and floorit, I found what I needed at my local harware store.

case530

hi guys, I just finished putting mine together, Looks great, but still a little difficult to lift. How do you guys get the lift handle to lock? There's no way I could pull mine back far enough. I was thinking about cutting another notch in the lift handle bracket to get it to lock sooner. Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for the help, Mike

shameless

Hay case530:

Did you use springs to help with the lift?

I suffered some difficulties of my own connecting an MTD blower to a 312-8.

One problem was the lift bar.

What blower do you have and what tractor?

Don't be shy ad pics it really helps.

Don1977

hi guys, I just finished putting mine together, Looks great, but still a little difficult to lift. How do you guys get the lift handle to lock? There's no way I could pull mine back far enough. I was thinking about cutting another notch in the lift handle bracket to get it to lock sooner. Is there a better way?

Take a look at TT's post in the thread below. You might have the blower attached in the wrong hole on the lift. TT posted 3 or so times in this thread the one that shows lift attachment is at the bottom.

WHwest8597

I don't have the lift bar with the lift spring set up. Were these for hydro tractors? I really don't want to pay $100 for the right flag. I might look at getting a setup welded to the bar.

can whlvr

the spring is probally best suited on manual lift,as with hydro lift you only need to use your fingers to lift,the hydro does the work,i welded a small peice of angle iron and drilled a hole in it,works great and cost nothing,i have a spring from my tiller that i use on the manual lift thrower in winter

shameless

I don't have the lift bar with the lift spring set up. Were these for hydro tractors? I really don't want to pay $100 for the right flag. I might look at getting a setup welded to the bar.

Hey WHwest8597:

How do you lift your blade or blower without a lift bar?

Hey Case530:

Did you sort out your lift?