Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Rear Rim Width

Zeek

I'm turning a Raider 12 into a puller. Currently had the stock 8" rims on rear. I found a set of rims for sale locally from a non-forum person. He says they are a set of 9.5" wide rims from a 520H.

They have a set of Dico Turf Tires on them, size 23x10.50x12. The tires are worn. I mainly want them for the rims.

He wants $100.

1. Is this a good rim size?

2. What do think is a good price for these?

3. If it doesn't work out, do you have a set for sale?

dicotire.jpg

Jim_M

The rim size depends on the tire you plan to run and what the the rules will allow. You want to run the widest rim allowable for your tire. For example, 12" tire on a 12" rim, 10.50 tire on a 10" rim. It will allow the tread to lay flat and get you better traction.

$100.00 sounds high to me, but I guess they're worth whatever you're willing to pay for them.

baerpath

Jims right, but another thing is get the hub as close to center of the rim as possible. I'd pass and look for a better rim offset myself.

You can run 5 inch to the inside and still clear the brake drum

Duane

Zeek

Jims right, but another thing is get the hub as close to center of the rim as possible. I'd pass and look for a better rim offset myself.

You can run 5 inch to the inside and still clear the brake drum

Duane

Do they make such a thing or do they need to be custom made? I plan to run 23x10.5x12

Jim_M

Yes, You can buy them from Midwest Super Cub, Vogel Manufacturing or Nichols Performance.

baerpath

Some of the steel rims have a deeper front depth measure a couple. We found 5 inch dish mainly on the cub rims then just mount them backwards.

Duane

Zeek

Ok, I'm planning on the stock class which says "no after market rims"