Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

What is this?

DMESS

Didn't you pick up a rear bagger?

WheelHorse_of_course

This is a rear bagger blower.

That said, this could easily be made into a leaf sucker.

dgjks6

yep, got the small rear bagger.

But looking for a vacuum type thing - kind of like a cyclone rake. I was wondering if this was one.

Also, always have to have a new toy/attachment - even if you never use it. I know you guys will understand. My wife, she doesn't.

dgjks6

sorry was tyoing at the same time as wheel horse of course.

I hate to be stupid - but what is a bagger blower?

A rear bagger with a motor? Is it a wheel horse product? Anyone have a guess on a model number?

DMESS

LOL, I got you!

It appears to be most of a vac setup, but from what I can tell this is the style that used the 5.5 cu ft cart with a canvas top as the collection bin. That would be the first hurdle and then you would need to adapt some type of collection shute for your 37" deck. The rear bagger elbow could probably be utilized as long as it was sturdy enough.

DMESS

Upon further inspection, I'm not real sure WHAT the heck it exactly is. Let me look around a little....BRB!

TT

I don't think that's an OEM WH unit (the 07-42VX01 is OEM, but was actually belt-driven off the tractor engine) but you never know unless the seller gets you some numbers.

They are called lawn vacuums, and several aftermarket companies market the kits, such as PECO and TRAC-VAC.

Lots of info and answers to your questions can be found at those sites.

DMESS

After checking some parts break downs, I have to side with TT. It doesn't look like a factory vacuum setup BUT...... You should really ask for some better pics and ANY numbers or info that might be on the item in question. I see the WH plow in the background so chances are it COULD have been used on some sort of WH product. They utilized a lot of different aftermarket setups over the years and anything is possible.

TT

I knew I had these somewhere! :whistle:

This is one of the OEM belt-driven units:

7-2613.jpg

vac.jpg

DMESS

Yeah TT, that's the setup I was thinking about! :whistle:

I wonder if the item in question is more along the lines of an early version of this style Trac Vac. It looks like it could be some type of bag setup instead of a cart collection version:

Trac Vac

TT

I tried to magnify the picture, but it goes way out of focus. I wonder if BER-VAC MFG made vacuums like this? The steeeeeeker on the fan housing looks like the one that was on a 42" BER-VAC dozer blade I used to have. :whistle:

Did you all happen to notice the mower deck the seller also has listed? It's listed as a 36", but is actually a 42" - and doesn't really look bad for $40. :D

Where's Joel when I need him? :WRS: :D

dgjks6

I'll ask again for some numbers. You guys are a great help.