Sign in to follow this  
hounddoghundzsa

How do you hook up the lines for a GT14 3pt lift cylinder??

hounddoghundzsa

I bought this lift cylinder on ebay. I thought it was for the three

point. Where i'm confused is-

There are three hoses - two short, one long. The two short ones (about

8 inches long) go from the control lever to the cylinder. The long hose

( about 2 feet long) comes out of the control lever. There is also one

"open" hole (port) opposite where the long hose comes out of the

control lever.

Are the hoses just mixed up?? - The 3 point is alot further away than

eight inches from the control lever (When mounted on the tractor).

What hose is missing?

How does it hook up?

Does anyone have a manual for the hydraulic three point?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... OU:US:1123

Thanks,

Scott H

TT

I don't "do" GT-14s, but that looks like the standard (mid-mounted) hydraulic lift stuff to me. :dunno:

Mike has the manual for the #84121 independent lift on his site:

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/fi ... A-5204.pdf

gd.pudge

that cylinder actually is mounted in the trans tunnel below the dash and its a bear to get to.it hooks to the rockshaft and then theres a long heavy thick bar(linkage) that goes back to the 3 point upper lift arms. thats how mine is anyway.hope this helps

Kelly

I dodn't know the GT14's but I do remember hearing there was two styles of 3 point for them, something about early and late models, one the cyl. is in the tunnel, with a long bar going back to the 3 point, and another that the cyl. mounts in the rear at the 3 point, you will need to know what style you have.

hounddoghundzsa

I have one of those long bars for the three point - now I just need to figure it all out. I didn't know this type existed. I've only seen the ones where the cylinder mounts right to the three point. Thanks guys!

TT

I'm pretty sure that the three point hitch could be added to all of the GT-14 models using the standard hydraulic lift system and the long link.

The kit (#84121) just made it possible to independently operate the three point hitch.

refracman

The 3pt on a gt14 uses the stock lift cylinder and valve. The long bar is fastened to the mid rockshaft and the 3pt rockshaft.

There is a remote kit 3pt for a gt14 that uses that cylinder and valve and a bit more.They are nice I had one on the GT14 loader I sold.

Heres a pic of the standard 3pt kit ( its long gone) I do have a NOS remote 3pt kit (not for sale) if you want pics let me know.

also a pic of the remote kit being installed.

005.jpg

016.jpg

hounddoghundzsa

Pics always help! Thanks!

boatman

Hi there,

I have a gt 14 with the 3 pt hitch and the hydraulic cylinder like shown. Two hoses go to the

extra control valve you have. Then you take the return line from you're mid hydraulic valve loose

from the transmission and that goes in on side of the valve for the rear control. Then you take a

hose from other side of you're rear hydraulic valve and that goes back to transmission where you

took the other hose off of. I hope I was able to make that clear enough. I like having the extra

control and hydraulic cylinder rather than using that long bar up to mid atachment pt. It lets you

use the rear independantly from the front.