Sign in to follow this  
jake22si

interested in 414-8

jake22si

I have found a 1986 414-8 that I may be interested in buying to replace my 81 C-125. Looks like its in good shape 1400 hours, the guy wants $600 for it. The question I have is it has a hydro lift, how is that in the cold weather? I would be using a blower and plow on it.

TT

A 414-8 can't have hydraulic lift (unless it's homemade) but it can have electric lift. Electric lifts work the same in all temperatures - slow, but steady.

jake22si

I was wondering about that since I know it is an 8 speed, but the guy told me hydro. I haven't seen the tractor yet. How does the electric lift work? Is it any good?

TT

They work well, just slower than hydraulics.

Here's lots of pictures & some informative reading: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22783

jake22si

Ended up bringing it home, seems like I didnt look it over well enough. Has some stress cracks and the electric lift makes alot of noise and doesn't go down very well with the blower attatched. Can these lifts be repaired?

Jake Kuhn

:dunno:

jake22si

crappy pics in my cramped shop at night trying to salvage the battery.414-8002.jpg414-8001.jpg

boatman

hi there, You're tractor has the electric lift as I can see the switch on dasn that activates it.

I have a 414-8 with electric lift also. Great tractor.

can whlvr

she doesnt look to bad of shape,are the stress cracks in the tranny mount plate,esy fix if so,and the lift im not sure if replacements are available or not,if you dont find one convert it to manual,lots of those to be found,ive never played around with an electric lift to know if you can tear it apart and look for troubles or not