Stigian

Come on Mark, no home workshop/garage is complete without a welder of some sort.. Arc welders are rather cheap from machine mart :)

Your getting quite an expert at the lathe, nice work Sir :thumbs: And some nice welding by Dad :thumbs:

meadowfield

Come on Mark, no home workshop/garage is complete without a welder of some sort.. Arc welders are rather cheap from machine mart :)

Your getting quite an expert at the lathe, nice work Sir :thumbs: And some nice welding by Dad :thumbs:

yeah I know - I should just get one bought...

been a lathe user for 20 odd years - used to make tools in technology at school for taking things I shouldn't apart !!!

cheers

meadowfield

Been a while since the last update... sorry I'm light on pictures too !!!

Managed to sort out the exhaust with a pipe nuipple from the local plumbers merchants. I made a whole new wiring loom, incorporating the lighting circuit as the old one was more connectors than cable !

Made a note of wire the old wires went and it turns out none of them were in the right places, but it still started and ran :confusion-scratchheadblue:

How does that work ?!? well I can see how it can, but now it's wired correctly :)

Finally got around to sorting out the stabilisers for the 3 point too. I don't like the chains - they rattle and are messy, so I've added two rigging screws on the outside mimicking a modern 3 point.

IMG-20120422-00593.jpg

I've also got the clevis adapter done, just needs a paint, will get pictures on when it's done.

meadowfield

Well it's our first show of the year and the GT is going in it's working clothes....

I finally finished the tow frame which makes moving a big trailer very easy - and lazy :)

mark

IMG-20120504-00639.jpg

IMG-20120507-00647.jpg

• Like 1

WH Raider10

Looks great Mark! I love that 3pt hitch! :)

meadowfield

been slow on the updates since May, the GT has been to 4 shows and after running pretty faultless for around 5 hours I've had occasional spells of it stalling and not restarting without the choke and cranking the engine for 2-3 mins.

This has been disappointing - I missed the parade at ardingly !!!

Anyhow before the final show of the year I decided to dig deep... The fuel pump and carb are hidden behind the fuel tank and a heat shield.

Removing the front end is a pain in the ass.

IMG-20120808-01160.jpg

you can just about get the tank out without removing all the front end, but it's actually easier to remove it to gain proper access.

Bradford-20120808-01161.jpg

with the tank out of the way you can get to the fuel pump and carb - which were both very clean and appeared to be working, they were stripped and cleaned anyway and everything reassembled.

Guess what... It didn't even try to start without puring fuel in the barrel. So it all came apart again and I primed the pump and then reassembled. It has worked perfectly since - I can really fall out with these kohler pumps sometimes!

On a better note - I finally got my letter of origin from Toro and popped down to my local DVLA office.

Bradford-20120831-01264.jpg

I now have another road legal horse :D

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Thats a very tough looking :wh: , and its road legal ! :jaw: What more could a guy want! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

Stigian

Good to see some more progress on this Mark. Fingers crossed you have got the fuel problem sorted.

Have a photo of the fuel troubles being pondered over at Ardingly..

ARD2012Y.jpg

Oh... How do you go about getting 'orses road legal?

Edited by Stigian

meadowfield

if you don't mind a Q plate it's pretty easy. Request form V55/5 from the DVLA, get the tractor insured with NFU (£1 a week). Fill the form in, take ID, insurance, etc maybe a few pics and thats it.

In order to get age realted you have to send a nice email to Toro US asking them to verify the model ID and year of manufacture. They usually send a reply within a week.

meadowfield

Good to see some more progress on this Mark. Fingers crossed you have got the fuel problem sorted.Have a photo of the fuel troubles being pondered over at Ardingly..ARD2012Y.jpgOh... How do you go about getting 'orses road legal?

Just found the offending picture that was the cause of this...

14d6637611afc48ac8663b4c155d5fd9_zps5d2d

I knew the problem was fuel starvation, it was the fuel tap all along! Vibration causing it to slowly turn until it shut off almost. Using the choke made the carb draw just enough to run the engine.

meadowfield

Proof that the rebuilt transmission is up to the job :D

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Looks like that GT manhandled it too.  :bow-blue: 

Stigian

Glad you got the fuel problem sorted at last Mark.  Love the video :handgestures-thumbup:

meadowfield

Thanks guys, now I have competition with Ian's GT, I'm going to have to get mine out working :D

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I THINK THE GT-14 IS BEING PUSHED AT THE END OF A STIFF ROPE.......

• Like 1

meadowfield

I THINK THE GT-14 IS BEING PUSHED AT THE END OF A STIFF ROPE.......

:D

It's the best workout it's ever had, the hydro was glowing afterwards...

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

here is my gt 14 in belguim I sold this tractor with no 3 pt. I sold a 3 pt hitch in amerika it was a nos hitch

005-kopie17.jpg

Fotos0759.jpg

That is one nice tractor. 

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Every time I look at this I want one more and more!