Huge Christmas tree moved by a dog!

TT

santadog.jpg

Click the pic ^^^^^

Show 'em how it's done, MACK! :dunno:

nylyon

oooooh. I'll bet you were drooling over that one :dunno:

Rollerman

Very cool Terry, I even had some "Mack" time today with a tri axle.

TT

Every so often I catch myself thinking about driving again.......... :dunno:

I hope it doesn't come to that again unless I win the lottery and buy an LTL or a B-77 Mack for a play toy.

Redbirdman

Well, you know what they say about Mack truck drivers?

Just one A 'hole looking at another A 'hole!.............

But I would never give up the times I spent behind my 'ol dog....a million miles were on my R model, and the old DM...and the RJ ???

and my dad in his chain drive 'bulldog'....... :dunno::wh: TG for MACK!

'poppadawg'.........er, I mean Redbird :help:

nylyon

Nah, not me them twin sticks.... phwie.... I love me an International 4070a model with a good ole Detroit, liked them better than a cab-over Pete!

CasualObserver

Redbirdman, you mentioned chain-drive....you Mack guys might appreciate this... it was at our show last August out here in MN.

Redbirdman

Oh yeah! And that was where the 'look of a bulldog' came from I believe.

My dad drove one just like that hauling nursery stock and farm produce back and forth from Trenton NJ to Market Street in Newark right around when that Mack in the video was new. He said if the chain broke or flipped off you would lose all your brakes because the brake drum was before the final drive.

I remember him saying (back around 1990) "Why sonny, it took pert near TWO hours to drive that 'ol bulldog from Newark to Trenton back in those days!" I said back :"Pop, it takes THREE hours now!"

Redbird..... :dunno: .....damn, now you got me rootin around in all them dam boxes stored in the hanger looking for my old 'bulldog'..

Duff

I don't come close to you guys with big rig experience, but I did learn to drive truck on a '52 Mack pumper at our local firehouse. Square cut gears and a split rear end were some kind of step up from the 3-on-a-tree Chevy Nova I was used to driving as a 16 year old kid. The plus side is I can still at 61 years old shift smooth as butter through any manual gearbox that's thrown at me. Lot to be said for the old ways, eh boys? :help:

Duff :dunno: :wh:

Redbirdman

" I did learn to drive truck on a '52 Mack pumper at our local firehouse"......

Yessir, they were the days. I'd give anything to relive that first fire I responded to with ol Captain Regge Ronco in that LG. It was 1965, It had no cab top, the captain rang the bell with a rope and the sireen was an old mechanical job that you whirred up with your foot on a floor switch. I was so proud driving to that fire that turned out to be just a stupid garbage can on fire!

Here is a great video of a beautiful LG:

But just before that I ran for Sea land pulling containers with that damn shake and bake crackerbox:

kinda pisses me off that today I am confined to videos and a friggen lawn chair ...............................oh well!

Live your life LOUD and strong when you can my friends........

ED .......