Sign in to follow this  
trainman

rear wheel size?? on a 211-5 rider

trainman

I own a 211-5 rider built in 1986 my rear tire size is 18x9.50-8 what is the actual steel wheel size? I am asking this cause my rear rims are rusted on the axel and will have to cut them off I need two used ones but don't know the actual size. Also is there a interchangeabilty for the rear wheels on my tractor? I have the 5 speed. with the single hole with it being keyed and having a c clip hold the wheel on. Will a simplicity, john deere, cub cadet rear wheel fit my wheel horse? I need to post for two used wheels but Need this info first.

mr.pipes

Have you tried to measure them? You know they are 8" dia and probably 7.5-8" wide. As far as a different brand fitting that is going to depend on if the hubs are the same offset. I know WH is different than most on garden tractors. However, most lawn tractors use similar peerless or whatever rearends so there might be other brands that are the same.

If you don't want to measure the rims or are unsure if you are measuring in the right spot, get the tractor model number and find the rim part number. The google and search the part # and see if somewhere it lists the size.

Have you tried heating them up then pouring liquid nitrogen on them to break the rust? :dunno: