Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorse701

Front Reel Mower Belt Guard

wheelhorse701

Hey eveyone.. This is my first post. I was just wondering if anyone has or has the dimensions for the belt guard for a front reel mower. It is the older style with the open gears. I am going to put it on my rj-59 (what i believe to be a 59.. it has the solid seat on it and the original owner told me it came that way.) Any help would be great.

T-Mo

Wheelhorse701,

:whistle: I'm glad you found us. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for your question, but I'm sure someone here should be able to help. Sorry I couldn't be of help, but I wanted to extend my welcome.

CasualObserver

:whistle: Do you have the specific model number of your reel mower? I have this one, and can measure and take pictures of my belt guard for you in the next day or two. Mine's the LMR-301.

lmr30.jpg

wheelhorse701

No mine is the older style for the rj's.. where the rj belt guard is on yours there is open gears with a simlpe piece of metal covering it. it also hooks up under the tractor towards the trany with a single piece of metal.. kinda like the older rj snow plow.

But the belt guards that are on the tractor may be the same.. i saw one at the show this weekend and i never thought of taking pictures or measurements.. send some pictures i will see if i can tell.. thanks

CasualObserver

I'll try to get some pics when I get a chance. I would also ask you to put some pics of yours in the Implements and Attachments Gallery for us. We don't have that one in there! :whistle: (also please post your 550 in the Tractors Gallery... we don't have that either!!)

wheelhorse701

Will do.. the 550 has some pretty cool history to it but i will save that for another post..

nylyon

Welcome to RedSquare Kevin.

:whistle:

wheelhorse701

Thanks.. i must say this is my favorite group already.. Much better than a couple yahoo groups. I saw the big RedSquare tent at the show and when i got home i thought i would see what it is all about. i'm glad i did everyone seems pretty cool.. :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

Yes, welcome to the forum!

Looks like you have a very sophysticated collection of tractors.... :whistle:

DMESS

:whistle: You'll love it here!

I have an LMR-30 with the guard in question. Give me a day or so and I will get back to you with with some pictures!

wheelhorse701

Yeah i am pretty proud of my collection. I like old simple machines... not to mention when i restore a tractor with the slotted grill i feel like this :whistle:

DMESS

Kevin, I did NOT forget you! Went to take the pic a moment ago and the camera is dead! I'll have some pics soon! :whistle:

wheelhorse701

Not a problem i am in no rush. but i am going to start restoring it next week sometime.. thanks for the help.

DMESS

Kevin, is this the style you are refering to?

reel.jpg

I can get you more shots or measurements if it is.

wheelhorse701

Yeah thats the mower but i need pictures / measurements of the belt guard that would be on the tractor. its kinda long and skinny.. it goes from the the second pully on the outside of the motor, towards the front and i think it actually hooks up to the footpeg too.

thanks

Kevin

DMESS

OH, I see. I've got that too somewhere. I'll take a look and see what I can come up with. Sorry for the delay. Wife had the camera all weekend!

wheelhorse701

Not a problem, im in a rush.. thanks for the troubles..