Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

1994 416-Hydro

nylyon

Eventhough my Wheel Horse is under the Toro name it is a quality built unit which has yet to let me down. Mine is a 416-Hydro, model: 73421 with a 42" rear discharge deck and recycler kit.

I am interested in getting more implements for the tractor and have begun my quest for a Dozer blade.

Eventually I would like to add another Wheel Horse. I am mainly interested in the post 1972 units, specifically the 74 C160 Automatic which my dad owned, it's just a great looking tractor.

I hope this site takes off!

nylyon

Here is a picture, very poor picture it is. It's in the shed, dark and raining. I'll get better pictures later, hopefully after I find a plow!!!

WheelHorse.jpg

Sparky

Nice lookin tractor. I like havin as many attachments as I can get as well. Just picked up tonite a 4000 watt generator attachment. It hangs off the front attach-a-matic and the center attach-a-matic and runs off a belt from the PTO. Not sure which tractor is going to "wear it" but I'm leaning towards my 312-8.

Mike

bowtieguy

Sparky...I have been looking for a WH gen also...did you get the winning bid on the one that was on ebay last week?....when you get yours running, I would like to know if it works ok and will supply enough juice to run most hand tools and maybe an air compressor??....looks like this forum might catch on ...will have to give Chris a pat on back if it does and see if he can create a WH member map location.

Frank in MO..(417-A is my latest horse, but still like the old round hoods)

nylyon

Just picked up tonite a 4000 watt generator attachment. It hangs off the front attach-a-matic and the center attach-a-matic and runs off a belt from the PTO.

Mike, would be really interested in seeing a picture of that, is that a Wheel Horse generator?

Sparky

Yes it is the one that closed out on E-BAY last week. It was nice and close to home for a change.

Anyway I have it mounted to my "82" C-125 auto right now. I found an old belt that kinda fit and fired up the tractor and got the generator spinnin and she was puttin out electricity..............then the belt spun off. So if I have a chance this weekend I'll have to get a proper belt and give it a real workout. Its actually a Generac made unit but made exclusively for a wheel horse tractor with the attach-a-matic setup. Its not homemade. And yes its red!

As far as what it'll run it gives ya 16.5 amps from each 115 outlet and 33 amps from the 240 volt outlet. The 240 would be good to feed yer house in an outage. I would think an air compressor would be to much for this unit since they draw so many amps at start up. I run my house on a 5000 watt unit right now so I suppose it would run a house allright as long as yer careful to shut off anything yer not using. My well pump is my only important 240 volt load and its about 6-7 amps.

I'll try to get some pics of it all hooked up and send em to anyone that wants em. I dont think I will be able to post em on this forum(not to skilled at the computer).

Mike

nylyon

we need pictures.....

Sparky

OK I got some pics of the front mount generator if anyone wants em. I can send em out in an e-mail but I dont know how to post one on this forum.

E-mail me nelsonmlbr@comcast.net and I'll send em out. I checked voltage and its controled by the speed of the engine so at full throttle I had 292 volts which is way to much. I brought her down to about 3/4 throttle and she was at 241 volts which is perfect.

Mike