Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

520H Plug Wires and Spark Plugs

mattd860

I need new plug wires for my 520H but I'm not spending $33 bucks per wire!!! So I want to make my own set of wires. Does anyone have any information about this? I've made them for Kohler K series motors but never for the Onan. What is the optimal size (diameter)? Are there any types of wires that offer better performance over stock?

Also - what is the recommended NGK plug for motor?

HorseFixer

I need new plug wires for my 520H but I'm not spending $33 bucks per wire!!! So I want to make my own set of wires. Does anyone have any information about this? I've made them for Kohler K series motors but never for the Onan. What is the optimal size (diameter)? Are there any types of wires that offer better performance over stock?

Also - what is the recommended NGK plug for motor?

Matt what I did was go to my local nappa dealer and get a set of like 4 universal wires ith the boots and stuff and crimped my own, They are dark blue (would have preffered black) oh well doesn't bother me. I now have some extra parts I ordered, 90 deg boots, st boots. 90deg ends, st ends and in the future now that Im all stocked up I just need to get the wire In bulk also and make mine to be custom fit. :wh:

I would think any Automotive wire will work on that engine No Problemo. :party:

Now yer a guy after he Ole Dukes Heart :thanks::thanks::thanks: NGK My Engine doode thats all

he uses! A few years back I went to autozone and had the guy bring out all the plugs for a certain application (cant remember what it was :help: ) but I ohmed out all 8 of the plugs and the NGK showed the lowest resistance. Thats all I use on my engines. :dunno: I will look tonight and let you know the # on my Onan.

Cheers ~Duke

:party:

mattd860

Thanks Duke!!

You might want to try ebay for bulk wire.

HorseFixer

Matt here ya go

NGK BKR5E is what I'm useing.

DSCN4117.jpg

Cheers ~Duke

:dunno:

SAM58

Thanks Duke,

I was wanting to find something else besides Champion myself. :dunno:

:wh: