wse100

mower deck much lower in the front

wse100

Wheelhorse012.jpg

You can see this is really leaning forward

Wheelhorse013.jpg

Any advice / Help?

Wheelhorse014.jpg

I'm lost !!the deck is riding on the ground but the front scalps and chews dirt sometimes because it is so uneven?

Sparky

Could that be the wrong deck for that tractor. You have a deck thats pre-tach-a-matic but an Tach-a-matic tractor(1973-and up). I have that same style deck but a 36"rd and its for a 1971 vintage tractor. I tried to use it on a "C" series tractor and it wouldnt work.

Just a thought.

Mike.............

Jim_M

I'll agree with Mike, that deck won't work on that tractor. You need a the later style deck.

You might try taking the pin out of the rear bracket and moving down to the lower set of holes, that should hold the front of the deck up a little higher.

TT

Charles and I talked in the chat room, guys. Those 42 & 48 inch decks will work on the Attach-Matic tractors, but the center hanger was broke off and rewelded with the ends pointing down too far on this one.

Once it's cut loose and twisted back up to where it should be, the front of the deck will be where it belongs. :whistle:

Jim_M

I just grabbed a flashlight and went out and looked at an old style 48" deck. TT is right, the ends of the bar should be sitting up a lot higher. That explains why it doesn't look like it's hitting the rear pin at the right spot also.

I missed that completely, but then again nobody ever called me Hawkeye either. :whistle:

TT

I missed that completely, but then again nobody ever called me Hawkeye either. :WRS:

I've been called much worse, Jim. :whistle:

Jim_M

Sadly enough, so have I. And probably within the last couple of hours!

WheelHorse_of_course

Thanks for the good pictures on this.

Like most/all WH decks this should be riding on the ground on the rear wheels. The lift mechanism should not be affecting the unit when it is in use, only the tachmatic and the two wheels.

The I Have one of these decks, albeit one that has had some major mods in the past.

The long tail piece should be on TOP of the pin. The pin moves fwd or back when the height adjuster moves the wheels, and this pin pushes up on that tail piece to level the deck.

Now, the mods to my deck made changes to the geometry, but it is also true that that this system has no adjustment to compensate for wear and tear.

Once you get the tail located correctly see how it goes. In my case the front was too low (over an inch lower than the rear) so I made a shim piece to go between the bolt and the tail piece.

Best of luck

:whistle: