aeallison

Briggs 11HP Governor questions

aeallison

On the 11HP Briggs m# 252417-0664-01 that came with my newly acquired GT-1100 the carburetor and throttle assembly was laying loose on the ground underneath it, and had for years probably. I managed to rebuild the carb and even got the engine to start and run, but I am at a complete loss at how to hook up the governor. I am fairly sure I have all of the little rods and springs but every combination I have tried seems to be wrong. None of the manuals I can find on this have a diagram that shows which one goes where. Does anyone here have one of these engines correctly configured who could help me get this hooked up? Also I think I have too many of these rods all are different shapes and lengths, :wh: I would also need the lengths of these rods as well.

I know you guys have the answers I need. :help: :dunno:

TT

The last remaining 11hp B&S I posses does not have the rack & pinion throttle control or the Choke-A-Matic® option (chokes when lever is moved to full throttle position) like your engine should.

I'll still try to help if no one else provides pictures.

Rollerman

I have a newer 11HP B&S engine here, but not sure it be of any help since it's not WheelHorse spec?

(It's not a choke a matic as TT specified either)

aeallison

The last remaining 11hp B&S I posses does not have the rack & pinion throttle control or the Choke-A-Matic® option (chokes when lever is moved to full throttle position) like your engine should.

I'll still try to help if no one else provides pictures.

Yes mine has the Choke-A-Matic® option. I am in no major hurry. I just want it complete as possible just in case the unthinkable happens and my 12HP Kolher in my 312 goes south on me.

TonyToro
On 11/5/2011 at 11:53 AM, aeallison said:

On the 11HP Briggs m# 252417-0664-01 that came with my newly acquired GT-1100 the carburetor and throttle assembly was laying loose on the ground underneath it, and had for years probably. I managed to rebuild the carb and even got the engine to start and run, but I am at a complete loss at how to hook up the governor. I am fairly sure I have all of the little rods and springs but every combination I have tried seems to be wrong. None of the manuals I can find on this have a diagram that shows which one goes where. Does anyone here have one of these engines correctly configured who could help me get this hooked up? Also I think I have too many of these rods all are different shapes and lengths, :wh: I would also need the lengths of these rods as well.

I know you guys have the answers I need. :help::dunno:

I know this is an old thread but im

in the same position. Hopefully by now you have it running. Any help hooking up the linkages would help.

ohiofarmer
1 hour ago, TonyToro said:

I know this is an old thread but im

in the same position. Hopefully by now you have it running. Any help hooking up the linkages would help.

Here is a weird guy who explains well how a governor works. I sounds like you could have the rods and springs set up correctly, but you also need to adjust the thing.Hope this gets your problem fixed. Anyway. when you visit the page, there are plenty of other videos to pick from on the right sidebar

I only have one briggs motor on an off brand tractor This is the guy who keeps the tractor moving . There is another video on an engine swap that clearly chows which stuff goes where

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1