smoreau

Hydraulic V (dozer) Blade project

reecie

SWEET !!!

Operator

Very sweet set-up!

Randy

whlpny

Scott that is an awesome build job!! I missed this until TT just posted a link at another site- thanks Terry!

• Like 1

RMCIII

I'd actually like to see something like that mounted to Bob's articulated WH...... Hint Hint....

chevelletown
vplow001.jpg
  • Like 1

tmix

ok where do i see a video of this thing plowing snow?

Olratlr

Ell of a job looking good.

W/H JUNKY

Wow very very cool smoreau. 

Nathanielperz

:bow-blue: You want to sell that tractor? Haha I would love one with hydraulics

smoreau

I might sell it, depends on what how much you willing to give me for it?

geer hed

Hi guys, I'm new on this site, and now I don't know how long I will be able to remain here. After looking around a little and seeing this, it gives me ideas, I think my wife is going to shoot me for looking at this stuff because now I need more toys.

nappypappy

wow great job.....I wish I was that good at making stuff.....

smoreau

I have to say that this blade has worked great for the last few years, but.......

Those that know me now I can not leave anything alone! 

The big issue that I have had is the blade sticks out farther then a stock blade and on small hills and uneven ground it would dig in and leave a divot in the grass. This was getting very annoying filling them back in all the time. 

So this winter I decided to fix this issue by making the pivot point for the V blade farther forward. This required some thinking because I didn't want to loose ground clearance or the rigidness  of the A frame mount of the blade. Best spot to do pivot the blade had to be around the mid teach-a-matic. So with a spare deck mount and some steel, I mounted the A frame to the mid tach at the same height as the rear tach. This should also make the tractor frame stronger were the notorious cracks happen were the trans mounts. Next cut the A frame and make some drop down pivot mounts. Mount the new larger cylinder and run some new lines from the lift valve to the larger cylinder. I did try and use a snow blower flag and tube at first, but the angles didn't work and it wouldn't lift the blade.  This blade never comes off this tractor as I need it on there on the summer for counter weight for the 5'  landscaping rake I mount on the back. Also I use. The blade leaveling ground.  now after 2 small snow storms of using the new blade setup, I love it!! It actually does a better job of clearing snow and I can now make dirt piles taller in the summer.  Blade goes much higher and now has more down pressure then I had before. 

Pics to come soon, having issues uploading them. 

smoreau

Day light pics didn't work for some reason, file too large. New pics sorry they are in the dark

0131171953a.jpg0131171952.jpg0131171953.jpg0131171954a.jpg

Welded spots are just painted black for the time being as I was not sure if changes were needed yet

0131171954.jpg

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 1

bmsgaffer

The pictures are too large probably because your supporter-ship expired :handgestures-thumbupright:

This blade is awesome and I have always wanted to build something like it, and I really like your new pivot mechanism. Have you thought out any other way to lift the blade with the stock cylinder? For those of us that may need to swap out the attachment?

What about a pivot mechanism just below the rock shaft that can turn down-force from the rockshaft into blade lift?

Have you considered moving the front hydraulic lines to get a little higher lift?

Thanks for sharing this!

And one more request, could you youtube a video of it and post it here? I just love to see these creations in motion.