Sign in to follow this  
fourwheels0

520h years?

fourwheels0

what years of the 520h had the hydro lever on the side dash panel?.

also what was the first year for the 520h?.

AMC RULES

Pretty sure an '88 like this one, is the first year of the 520 production. :dunno:

Picture2873-1.jpg

boovuc

That is correct. The 520-H ran from 1988 to 1997. (It went to an LXI model and away from the classic Toro/Wheelhorse design).

Kelly

I think the last year for the control lever between your legs was 90 but not 100% on that.

Workin_Horses

Pretty sure the lever was only on the side for 88 and 89. I recently sold a 90 and it's controls were on the steering column

fourwheels0

ok thanks guys.

then the one i'm looking at is either an 88 or 89.

i'll post pics if i get it :dunno:

546cowboy

The motion lever was on panel between your legs from 1988 to 1990. 1991 and up are next to the steering wheel. I do have a 1989,1990 and 1991 so I know for a fact. I also have a 1988 520HC for a parts tractor.

That one you sold was not a 1990 if it had the lever by the steering wheel unless someone changed it.

Workin_Horses

The motion lever was on panel between your legs from 1988 to 1990. 1991 and up are next to the steering wheel. I do have a 1989,1990 and 1991 so I know for a fact. I also have a 1988 520HC for a parts tractor.

That one you sold was not a 1990 if it had the lever by the steering wheel unless someone changed it.

There is a picture posted of a 1990 520H in the gallery with the levers on the steering column, viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28193

The one I sold was 41-20OE01 which comes up online in wheelhorse.com customer support as 1990. The manuals and parts diagrams online for this show the steering column controls.

I thought the 88-89 had the controls between your legs and on the side.

The 90 added the forward swept axle and changed the controls to the steering column

then 91 and above added the gear reduction steering.....

546cowboy

The 1990 I have is 41-20OE01 also and I was wrong it does have the motion lever by the steering column. The swept forward axle was so you could use the 60" deck. In 1991 the 520's have the gear reduction steering.

glide

Do all 1991 and later 520s come with gear reduction steering?

Kelly

Yes after they added the gear reduction steering in 91, all 520's had till the end.

fourwheels0

here's a pic of the 1989 i got.

after a few days playing with it it turns out i really don't like hydro's as good as they may be :dunno: i prefer my 8 speeds.

DSCN4162.jpg

HorseFixer

after a few days playing with it it turns out i really don't like hydro's as good as they may be :wh: i prefer my 8 speeds.

DSCN4162.jpg

Damn nice looking machine! :dunno:

~Duke

smoreau

after a few days playing with it it turns out i really don't like hydro's as good as they may be :dunno: i prefer my 8 speeds.

I prefer the hydro's over the 8 speeds. I guess it just a preference to what you use the most. I grew up with the 875 and never used any thin else tell I got older. Know I have two 3 speeds and 5 hydro's

Hydro

If you upload the Toro Parts Viewer from their web-site and obtain all of the Wheel Horse models as posted on the Tractors Forum you can see the parts diagrams and then determine what was offered in the various years. It's great for checking out parts, accessrories and when they were available.

Once you know the model number of a Wheel Horse or a Toro \wheel \horse often the schematics are available. This includes the various attachments that were offered as well.