Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Weight bracket for some mini weights

Rollerman

I posted this on RS Jr, but thought I'd post in here too now that were running.

Seeing how I use my Lawn Ranger a lot for my go to tractor (pulling the cart, yard roller, plug core areator) since it's light & handy for my small yard & I have the back ags poly filled W/wheel weights it tends to push when turning.

A while back I picked up a set of small suitcase weights of an RS member & thought a weight bracket on the front of the Ranger with these weights would be cool & help with the steering.

I went at it & started welding something up from my scrap metal pile.

Still needs more paint on the brackets & I need to debur & paint the weights yet.

But here's what I have so far.

2011-10-19_18-26-14_728.jpg

Weights.

2011-10-30_20-18-54_359.jpg

Bracket with one weight hanging on it.

Hope to get the weights painted up & everything mounted up on the Ranger by this weekend.

Kelly

Those are cool mini weights, can't wait to see them on the Ranger.

CasualObserver

Nice job Stephen, those are going to look awesome. Are those the 5 or 10 pound ones?

can whlvr

nice job,i think we could all use something like that from time to time

2tractornuts

Looks cool rolerman .I would be interested in the name or where I could find some of those weights since I took of the cast iron 17hp and replaced with a 25hp Kohler its hard to keep the front wheels down not enough weight with new aluminum block. skid steer if u get my drift. :ty Eddie

rexman72

very good idea

I posted this on RS Jr, but thought I'd post in here too now that were running.

Seeing how I use my Lawn Ranger a lot for my go to tractor (pulling the cart, yard roller, plug core areator) since it's light & handy for my small yard & I have the back ags poly filled W/wheel weights it tends to push when turning.

A while back I picked up a set of small suitcase weights of an RS member & thought a weight bracket on the front of the Ranger with these weights would be cool & help with the steering.

I went at it & started welding something up from my scrap metal pile.

Still needs more paint on the brackets & I need to debur & paint the weights yet.

But here's what I have so far.

2011-10-19_18-26-14_728.jpg

Weights.

2011-10-30_20-18-54_359.jpg

Bracket with one weight hanging on it.

Hope to get the weights painted up & everything mounted up on the Ranger by this weekend.

CasualObserver

I had put this over @ Jr, but I'll repost again.

Those look like the 10 pound weights from Midwest Super Cub without the lettering. You can order them here. I don't know if they make them without their logo anymore.

Midwestsupercubweights.jpg

Or, you can get these heavier ones (42 lbs each) directly from Deere or Home Depot and grind off the logo and paint them.

JDweights.jpg

Rollerman

Jason I'm not sure if these are the same ones from MWSC.

These are plasma cut out of 1/2" plate steel, they don't feel that heavy to me.

I don't have a scale so I'm going to guess 5 pounds a piece?

Eddie I'll ask the guy I aquired them from & see if he has more available?

Brackets all done & last of the red paint is drying.

Today I used a sanding disc on the grinder to clean up any burs & get the weights ready for painting (satin black).

Hope to have it mounted up on the Ranger this weekend for some pics.

HorseFixer

Hey Steve which Ranger is that going on? :dunno:

~Duke

Rollerman

Hard saying Duke, takes 3 to make one good one & there's not much on my Ranger thats original. :dunno:

HorseFixer

Hard saying Duke, takes 3 to make one good one & there's not much on my Ranger thats original. :help:

Oh thought it might been the one that camped out at my place a couple years back! :wh: :dunno:

Rollerman

Finally finished painting up the weights & getting the bracket bolted down to my Ranger.

Pulled the leaf sweeper around all day....my yard & helping out my neighbors too.

The weight did what I wanted, the front end has better traction for turning/less pushing when turning.

Pictures as promised....(sorry the tractor needs a wash)

2011-11-05_17-27-08_473.jpg

2011-11-05_13-17-32_202.jpg

sorekiwi

That looks awesome Stephen!

Are you sure that that Tucky has the balls to push them around??

Rollerman

That looks awesome Stephen!

Are you sure that that Tucky has the balls to push them around??

Don't hold back Mike :dunno:

It's not my first choice & hope to find a K181 for it someday.....(not looking hard)

For now though the HH70 works well enough.

sorekiwi

Just kidding Stephen!!

On my "bucketlist" I have the wish to have a good running Tecumseh before I die. The 3 or 4 that I have owned have all kicked my a$$, so I really do want to win the fight just once. :dunno:

The suitcase weights really go well with the grille on the round hoods. It just looks like they were supposed to be there.

I really do like the fat rear tires too. What are the weights on them? Dumbell weights?

Rollerman

I know your kidding...so was I & good luck with your bucket list. :wh:

I used to have a really good running H 60 once in a beater tractor Taylor plowed with, but it had a carter N on it. :help:

The rear weights are those generic (non WH) cast 8" wheel weights mostly used in front wheels.

They weigh maybe 15/20 pounds....back tires are also polly filled for weight too, never go flat, still deflect like an air filled tire should & are about 60/65 pounds a piece. :dunno:

big mike

Steven,how did you get that tight azz to let go of those great looking weights? :dunno: