HorseFixer

LED Snow Cab Lights!

KyBlue

Didn't know Santa Clause needed a WH at the North Pole to keep the snow drifts at bay :dunno:

HorseFixer

Didn't know Santa Clause needed a WH at the North Pole to keep the snow drifts at bay :dunno:

Musta been Somethin In The Lumber Yard Steak Seasoning I Use, :wh: Or he

just fell in love that much with my Chucker. :thanks:

Cheers ~Duke

:help:

KyBlue

Maybe.. didn't hurt Clause getting him outta that cab did ya?? I need Santa this year ... lol

HorseFixer

Thought I would post this in here too. :wh:

Well I Got my LED Lights And Made A Comparison light Video. Click On Link Below

And Tell Me What You Think. :dunno:

bPQQRym71kE

Cheers ~Duke

Curmudgeon

I wonder, would just the two flood lights be sufficient? Most of the time when blowing snow you really don't have to see more than a couple hundred feet at the most. No, a single pair wouldn't give the wow factor, and Pete knows I love overkill, just wondering is all.

It would have been interesting to see the differences between two floods only, and two spots only.

HorseFixer

I wonder, would just the two flood lights be sufficient? Most of the time when blowing snow you really don't have to see more than a couple hundred feet at the most. No, a single pair wouldn't give the wow factor, and Pete knows I love overkill, just wondering is all.

It would have been interesting to see the differences between two floods only, and two spots only.

Dale being yer useing that Whimpy Kohler I can see why 200' is your limit! :wh:

Now me on the other hand with the Mighty Onan I need the extra light to reach out there

to say the next Zip Code. :help:

Seriously, Dale just for you!!! I have a few days off after today, Ill hook up a switch and do another movie showing just that. :dunno:

~Duke

312Hydro

Duke,sent you a pm.

Curmudgeon

Dale being yer useing that Whimpy Kohler I can see why 200' is your limit! :wh:

Now me on the other hand with the Mighty Onan I need the extra light to reach out there

to say the next Zip Code. :thanks:

Seriously, Dale just for you!!! I have a few days off after today, Ill hook up a switch and do another movie showing just that. :dunno:

~Duke

Duke, my friend, there aren't many who can get away with calling my Kohler a wimp, but you can. Possibly because I know you're so full of........ :help:

Looking forward to the comparison....

HorseFixer

Duke, my friend, there aren't many who can get away with calling my Kohler a wimp, but you can. Possibly because I know you're so full of........ :wh:

Dale my Buddy "O" Pal and just think this friendship was forged with a Qt of AMSEARL :dunno:

Cheers ~Duke

Curmudgeon

Duke, my friend, there aren't many who can get away with calling my Kohler a wimp, but you can. Possibly because I know you're so full of........ :thanks:

Dale my Buddy "O" Pal and just think this friendship was forged with a Qt of AMSEARL :help:

Cheers ~Duke

:thanks:

After a very rocky start :dunno: , I came to realize it's way better, on so many levels, to have you as a good friend :thanks: than an adversary. Here's to the meeting of two great minds! Well, 1 1/2 at least, not sure how much of mine isn't burned out.... :wh:

can whlvr

the kohlers may be wimpy to some but at least they dont pop valve seals every other year :dunno:

HorseFixer

Ok Dale Here Ya Go! Led light Comparison Between 15w Floods and 15w Spot Lights.

I think The Spot Lights Are Brighter what do you guys think?

Cheers ~Duke

:dunno:

ykQfe2bTXXc

312Hydro

Interesting comparison. I don't see any useful difference by themselves that would have me choose one over the other.However, I would definitely use them in combination as I noticed the floods filled out the lighted area when turned on with the spots. I am amazed that led lighting has progressed so far. I remember as a kid that my father (who worked for RCA ) would show me the 1st leds. I never thought those would amount to what they are now. Great user test,thanks for taking the time to do this. I will be getting a set when I start "night operations" :dunno:

mattd860

Great comparison Duke!! I'm still confused why you would use two of each kind??? Why not use four of the same lights? I see that two spots and 2 floods are brighter than either one by them self, but wouldn't four spot lights be just as bright as two spots and two floods??

Do the spots and floods have different lighting patterns? I.E. do the floods cast the light farther than the spots (or visa versa)? Does one brighten up a closer area while the other brightens up a farther area (make sense?)??

I have to plow/snowblow a 200ft driveway that's only 7-8ft wide so I really only need one or two lights. I'm also more concerned about illuminating the area directly in front of me rather than 100ft ahead of me.

HorseFixer

Great comparison Duke!! I'm still confused why you would use two of each kind??? Why not use four of the same lights? I see that two spots and 2 floods are brighter than either one by them self, but wouldn't four spot lights be just as bright as two spots and two floods??

When I ordered them I didnt know which would be brighter, So I ordered 2 pair of floods 1 pair of spots. As Hydo says they kinda fill out with both in Combo. Hindsight is 20/20 If I order more I will order Spots. :wh:

Do the spots and floods have different lighting patterns? I.E. do the floods cast the light farther than the spots (or visa versa)? Does one brighten up a closer area while the other brightens up a farther area (make sense?)??

Matt look at the movie again, Notice behind the garage their are some trees. You can see them better with the spots, Than The floods. The floods tend to have a wider pattern. :dunno:

I have to plow/snowblow a 200ft driveway that's only 7-8ft wide so I really only need one or two lights. I'm also more concerned about illuminating the area directly in front of me rather than 100ft ahead of me.

Well you better stay with the incandecent dinasour lights then cause LED's Throw the light out there. :help:

Curmudgeon

If I said what I really feel, I'd probably be banned... :dunno:

Personally, I expected more of a difference between the spots and floods. Maybe it was the white door reflecting back on the spots? Then you turned the floods on with them, and SHAZAM!

LED's still aren't down to my budget, so I'll have keep my snowblowing to daylight hours. However, for those with the budget, I'd have to say 2 of each is the way to go, no doubt.

The only thing that could change that notion would be to go out when it's snowing, and see how bad each reflects back off the snowflakes, shortening visibility. The lights on the Freightliner really look good too, until the snow is flying thick, then it's just whiteout. More light doesn't help then, just makes the white whiter.

Thanks for taking the time to set that up!! :wh:

HorseFixer

No a problem Mate! :dunno: The future of my SnowChucker is so BRIGHT I gotta wear Shades! :wh:

chevrat68

Thanks.... I think I might have to pick some up. I do about 20 driveways and a couple of side walks. I can't run flashes, headlights and my flood lights at the same time but with them I could.

HorseFixer

Just to blow your mind, Kohler offered a 30amp charging system that drops into the K-series big blocks and twins, in place of the more common 15amp. Some of the items get pricey, but once I'm set up, I won't have to worry about such trivial matters anymore. Well, at least for a little while. :lol:

Dale, Just to Tripple Wammie Blow Yer Mind I was going over the parts break down and just Discovered Onan Offers a 35 amp replacement stator and regulator that bolts right in that replaces of the old one! :eusa-whistle: ergh errrrghh errrrgggghhhh MORE POWER! :jaw: Guess that will be added to the shopping cart, might as well, I'm doing everything else. :ychain:

Cheers ~Duke

:beer:

Paul D.

I was in your neighborhood this past weekend at the Ice carving festival. They could have used your help clearing those sidewalks. Those lights sound great! I can't wait to see some pics!!

mattd860

Now THIS would be awesome - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140849818937&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_3836wt_1397

varosd

I am gonna switch out the halogen bulbs on the 520-H (I think they were a OEM upgrade for the 520, not sure) with the PAR 36 LED's and see how they do. I think the Cool white LED as opposed to the Warm white will light up snow better. still thinking of a light bar but w/o snow cab...would need to do some sort of hood quick disconnect clamp. V

• Like 1

dbartlett1958

Varosd,

I was thinking about doing the same on my 416. I saw some on Amazon that were reasonable. At the least I am going to put one on my Toro 824 Walk-behind as it only has about a 15 Watt alternator.

Terry M

WEll, I think lot of lights always looks cool on any snow chucker. And it's safer.

Looks Nice Duke!!!