Sign in to follow this  
Buckshot 1

Tecumseh Ignition:

Buckshot 1

:thumbs2: I have a HH70 that has erratic ignition fire. I have changed the mag, points and condenser. Did not move the timming stator plate. It was suggested to me , that I try either a Nova II or a Meagfire ignition module. Has anyone tried either of these modules? If so what was the results? :banghead: for your time. Don B. :banghead:

illinilefttackle

:thumbs2: I bought a Nova II for my 656 with a h70 on it (from a Trailblazer snowblower). I'm not new to mechanics and I couldn.t get it to work. I tried several different configurations with no luck.

If you just start back at the beginning, dont over look anything, I think you will get the standard ignition to work. Unless a part is bad. Wish I could help more-Good Luck-Al

Buckshot 1

:help: Al, :dunno: for your reply. I apologize for the late reply. Between getting my equipment and everybody elses ready for the up coming snow season. I forgot about this post. I will take your advice and go thru everything again. Back in the early 2000. I used a Atom module, but you had to be very specific about your engine make to get the correct one, Atom had 7 or 8 different modules. Atom's patent ran out in 2005, that is when Nova II and Megafire came in. These are both (one) basically universal modules to take the place of all the Atom modules. That is why I ask the question, I cannot see how one module could take the place of 7 or 8 modules. :wh: