Sign in to follow this  
vin1978

Blades Stop - WH 210-5

vin1978

My uncle gave me my first WH 210-5 and for the past three weeks it has worked great. Now today all of a sudden after mowing for 15 mins the blades just shut off. I check the PTO switch and it was in the on position. I turned it off and then back on and it worked for another 5 mins. I am not the best with this kind of stuff, but any suggestions would be great.

rustbucket

look for a short in the wire or possably a bad switch i'd chase the wires from the clutch to the switch and make sure everything it a okays

Rollerman

I would check for a faulty seat safety switch.

There should be a switch in the seat or on the fender below the seat...if this becomes worn it can give you fits.

It's designed to kill the engine or PTO when you take you weight off the seat.

Good luck. :whistle:

.5racer

Wouldn't the seat switch kill the whole tractor ? Sounds more like the switch since on off resets in a way . Try to wiggle it next time and see if it cuts in and out. Look allso at the connections as well or any wire by a moveing or spinning part for damage.

vin1978

In my WH the seat safety switch seems to turn off the entire mower. I was looking at the PTO switch and things seem to be tight. I was going to replace the PTO switch itself, but can't really seem to see how to take it apart. Do the wires just plug into the back of the switch and where would I get a new PTO switch? Thanks for the help.

T-Mo

I would say a Toro dealer. You will need the model number of the tractor. Also, try the links section in the main forum - there are a few sites where you can order the switch online. Good luck.