Sign in to follow this  
118lfd

Smoe recent Mods I made to my 310-8

118lfd

Well actually 316 as I swapped in a 16hp magnum.

I Built and swapped in an 8 pinion 1 1/8 axle transaxle. I also added new deestone turf tires. 4 ply 23 9.50 12 in the rear and 15 6 6 in the front along with freshly painted rims

2011-10-11141210.jpg

Built a drawbar hitch for trailers and possibly a weight box. I made it a part of the rear attach bracket.

2011-10-11125748.jpg

2011-10-11125756.jpg

2011-10-11130429.jpg

Found a adjustable height bracket in the pile of parts I had and added it to the tractor.

2011-10-11141217.jpg

I really wanted to run 8 inch front wheels but had to keep the 6 because of the 37 inch deck

2011-10-11141227.jpg

And the original invoice for the tractor in 1989

2011-10-11142916.jpg

jpmcleod

I like the reese hitch reveiver. Wish I had about 4 of them. Maybe my son the weilder will see your set-up and make me one.

The only drawback to a wheel horse is the enability to pull a trailer with a ball hitch.

Tractor looks good with that big-ole engine in it. I have a Cammando 8 with a Kohler Magnum 12 and it looks full like yours. Nice job.

118lfd

Thanks it only took a few hours to mock up and build. It was a little tough cause I had to fit it with my bagger frame on as I did not want to have one or the other on at a time. With the bagger frame on I can't put a ball in it but thats ok cause the bagger frame is in the way but that is only held on by 2 clips.

JoeMonag

There is a guy on e-bay who sells a hitch that will take a 2" draw bar for about 30 bucks, plus shipping, just like the one you showed. I bougth one for my '86 416-8. I bought a step plate from Harbor Freight and mounted my weight box on it. The step plate has a 2" receiver built into it, so I can use my draw bar, witht weight box attached. The weight box is easily installed and removed.

The guy makes the hitch receiver with and with out the brackets for the snow plow or tiller. Nice job onthe 310-8, I also have an '88 310-8.

Joe in Norton

145Automatic

That's a nice clean Horse. I like the modifications to make it even more useful. Looking at that invioce, wouldn't it be cool if you could still by a qulity machine for that price. Thanks for sharing.

Duff

Hmmmm....16 horse, heavier tranny...looks like you "made" a 416-8 with 6" front hooves! Really nice machine!

~Duff :thumbs2:

118lfd

Hmmmm....16 horse, heavier tranny...looks like you "made" a 416-8 with 6" front hooves! Really nice machine!

~Duff :thumbs2:

Thanks. Yea I have the stuff to swap to the 8 inch wheels and might do that for the winter. ( More wheel Weight in the 8's) But don't know If I want the hassle. I need another horse :banghead:

Hydro

I like what you did to your tractor. :thumbs2: You know with that engine you could easily handle a 48" deck and increase the front wheel size. I had a 312 once and I went to a 416, then a 520 and the bigger front tires are well worth the effort of changing. Then again maybe you just need an excuse to buy another horse but you've almost got it all right there. The 16 Magnum is an awesome and reliable engine. :banghead:

PS. thanks for responding to my add about the heavy hitch. I wonder why people are butting up to the rear axle as opposed to running angle or flat bar across the top of the rear axle?

AMC RULES

Good lookin' machine you've put together. :banghead: Is that the original seat? :thumbs2:

118lfd

Is that the original seat? :thumbs2:

Nah its a Lowes replacement seat I got last year cause the origional was cracked and falling apart. But it is comfy and it raised the height you sit at a little, which works out good for me.

118lfd

I like what you did to your tractor. :thumbs2: You know with that engine you could easily handle a 48" deck and increase the front wheel size. I had a 312 once and I went to a 416, then a 520 and the bigger front tires are well worth the effort of changing. Then again maybe you just need an excuse to buy another horse but you've almost got it all right there. The 16 Magnum is an awesome and reliable engine. :banghead:

PS. thanks for responding to my add about the heavy hitch. I wonder why people are butting up to the rear axle as opposed to running angle or flat bar across the top of the rear axle?

I thought about changing the deck but I hav a bagger for the 37 and it cuts soooooo Nice. I might swap the fron end for the winter. I am looking for a donor tractor cause I have a great running 10 hp magnum to swap on. I will make that my mower and plow and this my blower and everything else tractor.

I butted the hitch to the backside cause that is how my polw hitch mounts. The newer plow hitch mounts under the axle and the plate is on top so it works better that way.

I already rebuilt my hitch cause I did not like the way it came out. I rethought it and made it much better although it is very close to the origional design. I will post pics tomorrow