Sign in to follow this  
mickrochip

c-141

mickrochip

hello there , I am new to this forum,and i was wondering if any body ca help me, how do you drain the gear box of my tractor,and what type of oil does it use, it is a c-141 8 speed

thanks in anticipion for now

farmer

Hello Microchip, :banghead: its THE site for :banghead:

You will find the drain plug just left of centre on the underside of the rear axle, it has a hex socket so you'll need a allen key. Cleaning out the socket with a small pick first is a good idea. If you can drop the oil when its warm..after a mow maybe so much the better. 90w gear oil is the grade you need. :thumbs2:

mickrochip

thank you for the info. will get the oil out tomorrow

mickrochip

Can any one please tell me how to get the "mayonaise", oil filled with water, out of my gearbox, is there something thati can use to flush the gearbox , or will it have to come apart to clear out th box

meadowfield

it might be worth splitting to inspect...

Do the seals leak? if so you can do it all in one go. When you have done get the new shifter boot #3577 - I know that part by memory !!!

If you feel really lazy, you could buy a gallon of cheap tesco motor oil and run it with that, and then drain - it might pull out more of the dross!

mark

Martin

ive had great success with flushing with diesel. fill it right to the top of the trans and spin the insides a few times by hand with different gears selected, then drain. you will find if any seals leak at the same time. ive had one that i needed to repeat a few times, but it came clean eventually and now the oil is clean. you might want to flush with oil a few times after the diesel. bit of work to do this but if you have a good working trans that doesnt leak everywhere, its alot easier than pulling the trans and splitting the case. and replace that boot if you havent done already, odds are thats what caused your situation to begin with.

mickrochip

thanks for all your information, I will carry out these tasks tomorrow, will let you know how i get on.

I have 1 more problem, the angle bracket that the pto clutch lever sit on has an elongated hole and therefore when i try to cut grass the mower ends up stalling, it is all right when i hold the lever up in its right position. how can it be fixed quickly and easily

meadowfield

easiest fix is to replace...

let us know the part number - and show a picture, it's amazing how friendly and helpful we can all be!

mark

mickrochip

sorry to have taken so long to reply, the partpart no of the part that i need is 104729

it is shown on partstree.com as engine bracket , no. 25. the hole where the pivot bolt is well worn on the bracket, and is letting the plate that operates the clutch fall about . it is possible to take the that plate off the bracket without spanners, any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks for now

PS. STILL NOT GOT THE GEARBOX FLUSHED

fordsonmajortom

Hi

I had a look at mine tonight and there should be a flanged spacer No 18 in the hole in the bracket No 25 and the bolt tightened up tight.The clutch actuator pivots on the spacer. All mine are a bit floppy but still work ok.

Michael

mickrochip

thanks for the info . the bole that the spacer sits in is worn out of shape, big enough for the flanged nut to pull through the bracket. I was going to weld the hole up an rebore to suit the spacer, or else bore the out the hole to abigger size and use another spacer and a larger washer. do you think that this is possible

all comments will be greatly appreciated

thanks for now

mickrochip

A very happy and prosperous new year to All

thanks to all who replied/and or read my posts / but now i have repaired , carried out the maintainence as per your posts . Inow have a great going tractor. theonly thing is that in Northern Ireland there dosent seem to be that many wheelhorse owners or a great supply of implements for thes tractors

Can anyone please help me to get pictures up loaded to the site as i would lik everyb body to see my totally oigional little tractor

again thanks for now Iwill be back to the forum if there is any thing that arises with my c-141

farmer

Hi, and Happy New Year to you,

good to hear your tractor's sorted, implements can be a bit short on the ground, but you can get lucky.

For help posting pictures;

Go to the General Talk section......then Finding your way around RedSquare....then Posting pictures using Photobucket, good luck. :)

Sparky

You do not need to use Photobucket if you dont want to. With this new forum we can just copy and paste the pics right off our computers. In the bottom right corner of the box you type your post in is "more reply options". Click that and its gives you a way to add pics to the post your making.

Mike..........