Sign in to follow this  
jmunzke

266H opinions?

jmunzke

Just fishing for experience with the 266H 16HP Kohler. Love em? Hate em? Idiosyncrasies? There's one on craigslist that may be a decent deal....

Kelly

Make sure the trans is good that is the big down fall on those tractors, I have a 268H here with a bad trans, and have heard of a number of others with bad trans. engines normally out live the machine.

zieg72

My 269H I just sold, 15 years of excellent service, never an issue except the PTO switch went bad. The down side is attachments are harder to come by and the steering doesn't have grease zirks and I had to replace the bushing and lower rod assembly.

jmunzke

Maybe not such a good deal, I have enough projects. Seller says it hasn't run for years, "it ran when I parked it" 1900 hours "early 90's, cant find serial number." Comes with 50" deck and snow plow. I don't think either the deck nor the plow is compatible with 520H, is it? He wants 265.00 for the package.

145Automatic

I have a 264H that I bought this spring. $350 in running condition with deck. It is my primary mowing machine. The tight turning radius and foot pedal hydro seam to make mowing easier. I would have resevations about using it with ground engaging attachments due to the less stout transaxle. The frame and front axle are just as solid as a C series. I will tell you that changing the drive belt is a royal P.I.T.A. Attachments are harder to find.